Veterinary Surgeon Required At Ark Veterinary Centre
1 month ago
Up to £50,000 DOE
Ark Veterinary Centre
Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team at Ark Veterinary Centre. This role is suited to a small animal Veterinary Surgeon that is confident in surgery, diagnostics, and consulting. The shift pattern currently consists of 4 weekdays and one Saturday in 4 (only until 12 noon) with no OOH. However, there is great flexibility within the role for the right candidate.
The salary for this role is up to £50,000 depending on experience
Ark Veterinary Centre is situated in Colchester which has just been awarded city status. We are only an hour away from London, 45 minutes from Stansted airport and on the doorstep of the coast and the Suffolk countryside so life outside of work can be enjoyed to the full!
The practice is a lovely mid-sized family feel practice. We are small enough for the team to all know each other well but large enough to offer enough support for everyone. We also have the added benefit of frequent visiting specialists in orthopaedics and cardiology allowing for great case continuity.
We have all the normal gadgets such as digital x-ray, ultrasound, in house blood machines and a lovely new dental machine.
About the Team and Culture
The practice consists of 4 Vets, 4 RVNs, 2 VCAs and 5 support staff including a wonderful practice manager. It is important that the candidate enjoys being part of a proactive team that strives for clinical excellence.
We have a supportive and nurturing culture but still manage to maintain a good sense of humour, making it a happy and settled place to work even with the stresses and strains of small animal practice.
We can offer great flexibility to achieve work life balance and we do finish on time!
The ideal candidate would be confident in surgery, diagnostics and consulting but more importantly would appreciate working in a close-knit team.
The candidate should enjoy clinical challenges, but with the support and friendship that the team provides.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH5979.
Address: 14 Church Lane Lexden, Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom