Veterinary Surgeon Required At Paws Colchester Veterinary Centre
1 month ago
up to £65,000 depending on experience, generous welcome bonus & relocation package
Paws Colchester Veterinary Centre
Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom
Here at Paws Colchester Vet Centre, we are looking for a dedicated Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The position involves carrying out consultations, working up cases, general surgery and basic imaging.
We are looking for a full or part-time Veterinary Surgeon and there is flexibility with the working days. The rota involves working 2-4 days per week, 20-40 hours per week however shift patterns can be negotiated. FTE would be 4 x 10-hour days and 1 rest day. The ideal candidate would participate in 1 in 3 Saturdays and there are no out-of-hours required.
Salary is up to £65,000 depending on experience, generous welcome bonus & relocation package on offer!
We are a very small practice, allowing for great case continuity and positive relationships with our loyal clients. We are fully equipped with direct digital x-ray, a high-quality ultrasound machine, an endoscope, and in-house lab equipment.
We are an RCVS accredited, two Veterinary Surgeon soon to be three, small animal practice in Colchester. Colchester is located within easy access to London and the beautiful Essex coastline, just a stone’s throw from Mersea Island.
We have one full-time and one part-time Veterinary Surgeon, four qualified Registered Veterinary Nurses, and one Student Veterinary Nurse. We also have three Receptionists and one Veterinary Care Assistant. We also have regular visiting specialists including a sonographer, cardiologist and an orthopaedic surgeon.
The ideal candidate will be confident with routine consultations and surgery and happy with occasional sole charge. All applicants must be RCVS registered. We encourage and support the development of special interests in all areas of small animal practice including certificates. An OV qualification would also be desirable but not essential. We are looking for a kind, enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to become a part of our lovely team.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7339 when you apply.
Address: Colchester, Essex, United Kingdom