Veterinary Surgeon Required At Downland Veterinary Group, Emsworth
2 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Downland Veterinary Group, Emsworth
Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. The role is split between our Emsworth clinic and one other branch as part of a 15 vet team. You will work a 4 day week plus some Saturday mornings and occasional Saturday afternoon only. The are no OOH but one in nine weeks you will undertake a twilight shift working from 3pm to 9pm and then being on-call for in-patients only giving you time to devote clinical excellence to your on-going cases.
An enthusiastic, progressive, clinically focussed team is waiting to welcome their next colleague. With fantastic support staff, and multiple certificate holders, we can offer progression in all aspects of first opinion work, whatever your interest areas, allowing you to work to the highest standards. We will also consider part time applications and are open to discussing hours that may suit you around family life. Salary is open for discussion with this role along with a generous relocation allowance.
Up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Chichester is a beautiful, small city within West Sussex sandwiched between the stunning south coast and the South Downs. Fantastic outdoor activities available and yet central London only an hour away by train with great transport links to Europe. All of our surgeries are extensively equip and we strive for clinical excellence. We have multiple nurse training centres and within our group we have certificate holders in orthopaedics, surgery, medicine, cardiology and imaging. We also have vets with special interests in dermatology, oncology, ECC and dentistry making it an excellent learning environment.
The group is well embedded into the local area, having started in 1947. Across the group we have 33 veterinary surgeons, a nursing team of 70 and a further 74 support staff. We are looking for a first opinion vet to join our progressive team, but will always consider further teammates with additional skills or those looking to develop specific areas.
We are looking for a progressive and friendly team member who has already obtained a degree of general clinical experience. A drive for clinical excellence, teamwork and clinic care are essential qualities.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro data (10 days if studying)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6772.
Address: 71 Havant Road, Emsworth, Hampshire, United Kingdom