Lead Veterinary Surgeon, Branch Partnership Opportunity
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Salary & benefits:
Salary package up to £75,000 dependent on experience
CPD allowance £1,500 and 3 days CPD leave
BVS, VDS, RCVS fees paid
5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
We can offer Certificate of Sponsorship, Tier 2 (general visa) and a relocation package for both the UK and overseas.
Please do not hesitate to email [email protected] for further enquiries.
Are you an experienced Veterinary Surgeon that is looking for that next step in your career?
Have you thought in the past about setting up your own practice but don’t know where to start?
We have an amazing opportunity at Medivet Merthyr Tydfil for a Branch Partner to join the Medivet community, you will be empowered to run your own business with clinical freedom in partnership with Medivet. You will have full support of our regional teams and Support Centre function along with the well-established team in the practice.
As well as your day-to-day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will play a key role in leading and managing the team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered. As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication and feedback skills, the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Become part of an 800 strong vet community.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Ability to sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Skills and experience
- Experience of leading a team
- Good GP veterinary skills
- Great communication skills
Medivet Merthyr Tydfil has recently been refurbished and looks so much better. We have this great opportunity for a vet to lead the team along with Laura our Head Nurse, look after the exceptional clients and patients and make Merthyr your own. The practice has three consult rooms, a theatre, lab, x-ray including dental and ultrasound room, with good equipment. It is situated in a lovely part of the town near the high street and local coffee shops and has parking. This is a busy practice with the opportunity for medicine and surgery certificates and to use your skills to the full. We have a feeder branches in Mountain Ash, Ystradgynlais and Aberdare.
Address: Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom