Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Newcastle-under-Lyme, Flexible Hours
Newcastle Under Lyme, United Kingdom
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a full time Veterinary Surgeon to lead our friendly and loyal team in the market town Newcastle under Lyme in Staffordshire.
We are looking for an experienced vet with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, ability to work-up cases to a high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. This role requires a motivated vet to work confidently in a leadership position with the ability to look after and develop the team.
Career progression is actively promoted and partnership opportunities are available for the right candidate. This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career.
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary package up to £65,000 dependent on experience
• £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave
• VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
• A four day week plus 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Fantastic career progression
Please do not hesitate to email [email protected] for further enquiries.
Are you an experienced Veterinary Surgeon that is looking for that next step in your career?
Have you thought in the past about setting up your own practice but don’t know where to start?
We have an amazing opportunity at Medivet Newcastle Under Lyme for a Branch Partner to join the Medivet community, you will be empowered to run your own business with clinical freedom in partnership with Medivet. You will have full support of our regional teams and Support Centre function along with the well-established team in the practice.
As well as your day-to-day duties within practice caring for your patients and clients, you will play a key role in leading and managing the team. You will have the drive and ambition to develop the practice client base, ensuring high standards of care are always delivered. As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively and empathetically, such as good communication skills, mediation experience, and the ability to share knowledge and lead by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
Branch Partnership Benefits include:
- Help to decide the best equity model for you and financial support.
- You can own up to 50% of the practice depending on how much you wish to invest.
- Medivet has a dedicated Branch Partnership team to assist with the process.
- Remaining invested in cases, thanks to our Hub and Spoke model with state‑of-the-art equipment and specialists.
- Our Support Centre team to look after and guide you on the non-clinical aspects of running a practice.
- Freedom to practise in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust.
- Support and guidance from our Clinical Operations team to enable you to develop your practice.
- Becoming part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owners.
- Financial rewards in line with your practice’s success meaning your income could vastly exceed your current salary expectations.
- True work/life balance working four-day weeks, six weeks’ holiday with maternity and paternity benefits.
- Ability to sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry, experiencing genuine job satisfaction.
Skills and experience
Our Newcastle Under Lyme practice has a very long-standing and friendly client base who appreciate the personal service we provide. The practice has a fully supportive team that enjoy lots of laughs and are dedicated to their clients and patients. We have a well planned layout including a large reception area, two vet consulting rooms, a nurse consulting room, prep and theatre, digital x-ray and ultrasound, well equipped wards and comprehensive lab facilities.
Newcastle Under Lyme and the surrounding areas boasts many varied and interesting pursuits including: Waterworld, pottery museums, Trentham monkey forest and gardens, modern shopping venues and beautiful cycling routes along the canals. We are very close to the Peak district which offers outstanding natural beauty and lovely quirky villages to explore. Outdoor activities including paragliding, hiking and cycling abound here.
Address: Newcastle Under Lyme, United Kingdom