Veterinary Surgeon Required At Avenue Veterinary Centre, Grantham
8 months ago
up to £45k DOE plus benefits
Gratham, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Avenue Veterinary Centre have a full-time position available for a First Opinion General Practitioner to join their diverse team of 8 Vets and 6 registered veterinary nurses. You will work 40 hours per week, across 4 days with 1:3 Saturdays and no out-of-hours! We offer a competitive salary of up to £45k DOE plus benefits.
Avenue Vets is located in Grantham, Lincolnshire, with direct access to the A1 and is well served by the East Coast mainline from London to Scotland. We also have a small branch surgery in a neighbouring village in the Vale of Belvoir. Our facilities include separate dog and cat wards, digital radiography, sonoscape ultrasound, two separate operating theatres, and fully equipped lab.
We are looking for a small animal first opinion General Practitioner with a desire to practice good medicine and surgery. We can accommodate either a new graduate looking to build on their skills and experience or someone with an existing skillset. The ability to work well within a team and excellent communication skills are essential for this role.
Flex your work life balance
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you are looking to fix or flex your work patterns, we can find the right solution for you.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6490 when you apply.
Address: Gratham, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom