Lead Veterinary Surgeon – Central London (JT-22497)
7 months ago
Up to £72,000
Central London, London, United Kingdom
Due to an internal move, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to lead a friendly team at our client’s small animal practice in Central London.
This role has fantastic potential and lends itself to the successful candidates’ area of interest, with the opportunity to influence clinical direction.
- Lead Veterinary Surgeon – full-time permanent position
- 4-day week (09:00-19:00 / 39.37 per week) with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends
- Fair share of bank holiday and on-call rota to support the dedicated night team, if required
- The Support Centre team will help you take care of all the non-clinical aspects of running a practice – giving you the option to gain experience from them
- You will have a dedicated Clinical Operations team supporting you as you develop so your career choices are never limited
- The caseload is varied from lump removals, exploratory laparotomies, abdominal ultrasounds, dentals and x-rays
- The day starts with surgery, procedure admissions and consults
- The procedures vet will admit the patients booked in for surgery with the support of the operations nurse or patient care assistant, before getting started on the procedures once all patients are admitted
- The second vet is in charge of morning consults which are 30-minute blocks to allow plenty of time for a thorough clinical examination, any necessary diagnostics such as bloodwork or cytology and also plenty of time to update owners on the condition and discuss plans and treatment options
- After a break in the middle of the day for lunch, the afternoon is dedicated to consults (both vets and nurse consults) and discharges of any hospitalised or day patients
Salary and Benefits
- Up to £72,000 per annum depending on experience
- Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- Accommodation allowance
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- Attractive commission scheme
- 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- Certificate funding
If desired, this role also offers the opportunity to co-own and run your practice as a Branch Partner!
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience
- It would suit someone with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills to continue building strong relationships with clients
- The successful candidate will work to a high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and eagerness to help develop this practice further
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn are a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supply Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company. Should you wish to discuss locum or permanent positions we have or would like to register a vacancy with us call us on 0117 329 3900.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: Central London, London, United Kingdom