Veterinary Surgeon Required At Rufford Vets
6 months ago
A salary of up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Southport, Merseyside, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has become available for a full or part time Veterinary Surgeon at Rufford Veterinary Group. We are a busy small animal practice, set across three branches, based in Merseyside.
What can Rufford offer you?
- A salary of up to £65,000 depending on experience.
- Flexibility with hours/duties, part time applicants welcome!
- Relocation support of up to £5000.
- A welcome bonus of £1500 (pro rata) for new hires
- An excellent surgical caseload!
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Due to us having a large team and excellent support network we can accommodate full or part time applicants and can offer various flexible shift patterns. Our current full-time vets tend to work three 9-hour days and one 6-hour day. We also have part time vets working one or two days a week. The rota involves 1:4 weekends on duty, with time off in lieu. No out of hours required!. A working weekend involves a morning of consulting on both Saturday and Sunday, and only one of the weekend days providing cover until 7pm.There is a bonus paid for cases seen between 1pm and 7pm on a Saturday and Sunday.
Your role would involve working in our small animal team performing routine consultations, diagnostics, and surgical procedures. A busy surgical caseload gives the opportunity to gain experience in more complex surgical procedures if desired.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join our friendly 12 Small Animal Vet team which is well supported by brilliant RVNs and an excellent support team. A number of our Vet team hold additional qualifications including certificates in Medicine and Surgery.
The location is semi-rural at the gateway to North Wales and the Lake District with easy access to rail and motorway links and striking distance to Liverpool and Manchester. The practice is well equipped with the usual tools e.g. Digital x-ray, in house laboratory, blood machines, ECG, ultrasound scanner, endoscope, Digital x-ray etc. which allows the opportunity to work up cases. Advanced soft tissue, ophthalmic and orthopaedic procedures are performed in house. Advanced ultrasonography is provided by visiting specialists.
Applicant should be a Veterinary Surgeon and possess a relevant academic qualification (MRCVS). Experience is preferable, but not essential. You should have a professional approach to providing an excellent clinical service to our clients, possess good communication and interpersonal skills and be self-motivated to work independently or as part of a team. You will have the support of your colleagues, but also the clinical freedom to work up your own cases. Developing areas of special interest is encouraged with a generous CPD allowance.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please use BH7837 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 127 Wennington Road, Southport, Merseyside, United Kingdom