Senior Veterinary Surgeon Required At White Cross Vets, Coulby
7 months ago
Up to £60,000 DOE
White Cross Vets, Coulby
Newham, Middlesborough, United Kingdom
Our Coulby practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of development, and as result, we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a veterinary surgeon who is looking to take the next step in their career.
This is a 40 hour position over 4 days. Our practice opening hours are 08:00-19:00. You are required to work 1 in 4 Saturdays, with time given back in lieu. There is no OOH required for this role.
This role would be suitable for someone who is a confident general practitioner but has a keen interest in developing themselves as a leader, taking on some managerial responsibilities within the clinic. This role would be fully supported under the guidance of the Clinic Director and a Central Support Team.
Our Coulby Practice is in a great location, only 15 minutes away from the North York Moors and within an hour of Leeds, York and Newcastle. A great location if you like getting out in the fresh air and close to cities with great cultural opportunities.
We're a high standard practice with ultrasound, full IDEXX Blood machine range, BP monitoring and Multi-parameter GA monitoring.
About the Team and Culture
We currently have 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 6 Registered veterinary Nurses, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant and 4 Client Care Coordinators.
Our team have a GPCert in Surgery and are studying towards their GP Certificates in medicine, so we tackle a great variety of cases. We also run our own Nurse Clinics and encourage our Nurses to make full use of their clinical training and skills! We are also proud to have Nurses who recently won the Hills Senior Nurse of the Year and the Hills Weight Management Nurse of the Year!
We are a close-knit, experienced team who really enjoy working together! We really enjoy our wellbeing afternoons where we have recently completed an Easter egg hunt and board games! Coming up we have a nature walk and craft afternoon planned in!
We have many stand-out benefits available to us for example:
• Salary of up to £60,000 negotiable depending on experience.
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
• Private Medical Insurance
• VDS Membership paid
• BVA Membership paid
• 5 days paid CPD leave with a £1,500 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
• Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
• Birthday day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Your pets can benefit from our Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets are free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Veterinary Surgeon who can thrive in our high-quality practice. Confident and professional, you will be able to work with sole charge. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike.
• Experience in a Small Animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5634 when applying for this role.
Address: The Parkway Centre Coulby, Newham, Middlesborough, United Kingdom