Veterinary Surgeon Required At Miramar Veterinary Centre, Sheringham
1 month ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Miramar Veterinary Centre
Sheringham, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Our days consist of a fair share of consulting and operating shifts (or consulting only if preferred), with regular tea and admin breaks factored in. We aim to start the day with morning rounds/huddle to plan the day ahead and discuss any cases. Our whole team works as one, and we all aim to provide the best level of care to our patients and clients. The working hours are 40 hours per week and ideally, we are looking for full time candidates but would also consider part time as well.
The position has no OOH requirements, as this is outsourced to a neighbouring hospital. Shift patterns can be flexible, depending on whether full or part time hours are requested, with the practice being open from 8.30am until 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8.30-12 on a Saturday. Full time hours are 40 hours per week, with Saturday mornings on a fair rota basis.
Salary is up to £65,000 depending on experience plus a golden hello!
We currently have a team of four Veterinary Surgeons, one being a RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Medicine - Feline, and a new member being a certificate holder in Small Animal Dentistry, and we strongly encourage any special interests within the veterinary, nursing, and administrative team. Our vet team works closely with our team of 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, with full back up from an experienced support team. We all enjoy working as a close-knit team, with no suggestions ever being ignored, and are therefore keen to find another team player who is also keen on improving clinical standards as well as enjoying case discussions.
About the Team and Culture
Miramar Veterinary Centre is a recently refurbished practice sitting on the beautiful North Norfolk coast. We aim to offer the best clinical standards to our patients and are always keen to invest in the practice and team members to achieve this. Mental health and wellbeing are really important to us all, and we aim to provide a fair and manageable rota, with regular days off, as well as a good level of support. Our team is our priority, and we are constantly working to reduce the added pressure that the current climate has gifted to the profession. We are only a short walk away from the sea and have a number of lovely beaches as well as nature reserves in the local area. Perfect for days off!
We are looking for one or two Veterinary Surgeons to join our dedicated and supportive team at Miramar Vets in Norfolk. We are looking for individuals who are comfortable with general first opinion small animal consultations, as well routine surgeries. A dedication to providing excellent standards of care is a must.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 5 weeks paid holiday plus bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH5925.
Address: 15 Weybourne Road, Sheringham, Norfolk, United Kingdom