Veterinary Surgeon Required At Oaks Veterinary Centre In Saltcoats, Ayrshire
2 months ago
Up to £63,000 DOE
Oaks Veterinary Centre, Saltcoats
Saltcoats, North Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Oaks Veterinary Centre, with practices in Saltcoats, Largs and Dundonald are looking for a part time Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. Working on a variety of caseloads including Orthopaedics, soft tissue and all your usual routine ops splitting your time between theatre and consultations. There is scope for building your own caseloads based on your interests. As well as the opportunity to be a VetGDP advisor and clinical coach for the graduate vets in practice helping to mentor the next generation of vets!
Working 20-30 hours per week (there may be scope to increase these hours in the future)
Working days and hours negotiable
1 ½ in 10 weekend rota
No OOH or on call
Up to £63,000 pro rata negotiable D.O.E.
Welcome bonus of up to £1,500 pro rata
Relocation package up to £5,000 pro rata
Our sites have been recently modernised offering a great working environment and high standard of patient care. Our 3 sites are located in Ayrshire on the Southwest Coast of Scotland offering both beach and rural areas nearby. We are also only 45 minutes from the city of Glasgow.
Our team consists of 9 vets, a supportive and hands on nursing team of 10 and a reception team of 8 - we even have our own in-house groomers. We currently have one surgical certificate holder, one medicine certificate holder and one vet completing a GP with feline medicine certificate. We also have nurses who hold feline nursing certificates, and nurses who are currently completing nutrition and surgical certificates.
Must be RCVS registered and qualified, it is essential that you are a confident in sole charge and have good communication skills. Ideally with some Vet GDP experience and clinical coaching although not essential. Further certification is supported and funding available.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks holidays per annum
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance per annum with 40 hours paid CPD leave per annum
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7113 when applying for this role.
Address: 7 Bute Terrace, Saltcoats, North Ayrshire, United Kingdom