Veterinary Surgeon Required At Abivale Veterinary Group
5 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
Abivale Veterinary Group, Abingdon
Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom
We are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join our well-established team at our Abingdon practice.
We have our own dedicated out-of-hours team so you will not need to worry about being on call at night.
We will consider full or part time candidates. The full-time rota includes working 40 hours per week, weekend shifts will include working 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday every 7 weeks, and Bank holidays are on a rota basis and there are no out-of-hours.
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
The salary will be up to £65,000 depending on experience and in addition a welcome bonus! Accommodation is also available.
Here at Abivale we are dedicated to providing the highest quality veterinary services to our clients and their beloved pets, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We practice out of four surgeries in Abingdon, Didcot, Wallingford and Wantage.
Abivale is a group of practices set in a beautiful part of South Oxfordshire, surrounded by local amenities, and everything that Oxfordshire has to offer, including good links to Oxford and London whilst still being close to the countryside.
We have our own dedicated out of hours service and all our sites are RCVS accredited, and have an excellent range of equipment.
We have a supportive team of Veterinary Surgeons, Registered Veterinary Nurses, Student Nurses, Animal Nursing Assistants, Receptionists, and Admin Staff. We encourage the sharing of ideas and contributions on a clinical, and administrative level.
The candidate will enjoy getting to know our clients and their pets and provide excellent clinical and client care with the great support of our friendly team.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• Annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• We offer a generous holiday and remuneration package which includes practice accommodation (if required) and a CPD allowance.
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
• Relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8637.
Address: The Vineyard, Abingdon, Oxon, United Kingdom