Experienced Veterinary Surgeon Required At Stamford Vets
9 months ago
Stamford, Rutland, United Kingdom
Here at Stamford Veterinary Centre we are looking to welcome a Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team, on a part or full-time basis. The role will involve a mixture of consulting and theatre. Candidates studying towards or holding a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
· Part/full time vacancy
· 2.5-4 days per week (flexible)
· On call rota is 1 in 6/7 OOH (we are proud to offer our clients our own out of hours service)
· 1 in 6/7 weekends (Friday/Saturday & Sunday) with a Saturday 8.30am-12.30pm clinic which is assisted by a RVN and receptionist. A day off in lieu the following week.
Up to £60,000 per annum (negotiable) depending on experience.
We are a first opinion and cardiology referral practice in the pretty market town of Stamford, Lincolnshire. We are surrounded by gorgeous countryside and good access to A1, with Rutland Water only 4 miles down the road. It is a 45-minute train journey to Kings Cross in London.
You will be joining a progressive team of 6 vets (including a RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Cardiology and another completing the certificate in Internal Medicine ), 9 nurses & 8 support staff who are proud to offer our clients a high standard of clinical expertise and patient care.
Our aim is to offer a good work/life balance in a friendly, relaxed working atmosphere. We are well equipped with excellent equipment and facilities such as two operating theatres, separate hospitalisation areas for cats and dogs (we are an accredited Silver ISFM practice), digital radiography, endoscopy, advanced Doppler ultrasound, Holter monitor, tonometer, diamond burr and other dedicated ophthalmic equipment, multi-parameter units, in house laboratory and more.
Career development is encouraged and supported.
We are looking to welcome a Veterinary Surgeon who feels confident with routine surgery and medical cases, help is available when needed. You will be keen to deliver a positive client experience and high standards of care. Study towards certificate qualification is supported with generous CPD allowance and allocated study time. Certificate holders are encouraged to apply.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 5.6 weeks amount of holidays per year
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,500 CPD allowance per year
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5944 when applying for this role.
Address: 32 Main Street, Stamford, Rutland, United Kingdom