Veterinary Surgeon Required At Gladstone Veterinary Clinic
2 months ago
up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience
Gladstone Veterinary Clinic
Hadley, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Gladstone Vets have an excellent opportunity for a veterinary surgeon.
We understand the pressures and importance of a healthy work-life balance and recognising this is different for everyone, is one of the reasons why we aren’t stipulating required hours and shifts.
You won’t be required to work any out-of-hours as we have a dedicated emergency team based out of our clinic.
We welcome a discussion on what working hours will work best for everyone!
A Happy, Energised Team = Excellent Patient and Client Care
We are a progressive veterinary clinic with a strong community presence, always aiming to provide the very best of the team, client and patient care.
We have a great caseload exposing you to the most routine of cases whilst also providing ample opportunity to support and get involved with the many mid-tier referral cases we receive from surrounding practices, particularly abdominal and cardiac diagnostic imaging.
We are a multi-vet team, 2 working towards their Advanced Practitioner Status in Diagnostic Imaging and Surgery, both are also great mentors and very keen to support somebody who might just be starting out in their vet career or somebody looking for that next exciting move and want to continue or start studying towards a certificate themselves.
Our vets are supported by our superb clinical and support team and are treated to a Pizza lunch at least every month.
We are based in Hadley, Telford, with excellent rail links and the M54 motorway close by. We are very near the town centre (many restaurants and gym) all within a 5-minute drive and so lucky to have local walks and countryside on our doorstep.
Our practice has all the usual toys you should expect including digital x-ray, ultrasound, extensive lab suite, dental and multiple rigid and flexible scopes.
We will offer a relocation allowance for the right person and sponsorship if this is required.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a salary up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience, you will benefit from:
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6646 when you apply.
Address: Hadley, Shropshire, United Kingdom