Veterinary Surgeon Required At Swayne And Partners, Bury St Edmunds
Up to £60,000 DOE
Swayne & Partners , Bury St Edmunds Hospital
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Swayne and Partners, Bury St Edmunds
Salary up to £60,000 pro rata DOE plus benefits
Swayne and Partners, Bury St Edmunds have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our well-established practice. Our practice will give you access to a varied caseload with a mix of both consults and surgery. We encourage case continuity, and you will have the opportunity to work and follow up on your own cases.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you
Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick up, need reduced hours during school holidays or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern we can fix or flex our patterns to suit you. Typically our day Vets work varying shifts between 7am-10pm. If you are interested in Full Time we can compress your hours so you can work a four day week rather than a five day week, giving you an extra day off, alternatively you can spread your hours over five shorter days. If Part Time hours would be more suitable our team will happily discuss flexible options allowing you to get the most out of your work-life balance. We care for our inpatients and are here for emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week so some involvement in our weekend rota is required, usually one weekend a month or alternatively maybe weekend shifts are what you are looking for to fit in with your current lifestyle.
Find an exciting and varied caseload with Swayne and Partners
Our caseload is exciting and varied; it's not unusual to walk into one of our wards and find patients with chest drains, on multiple CRIs, managing sepsis, post spinal surgery, or awaiting CT scan results. Despite all this, we keep our roots firmly in first opinion practice; you may also find an owl recovering from surgery to repair a broken wing, kittens in for neutering from the local cat shelter, or a cat boarding for eye drops because their elderly owner can't manage by themselves.
A supportive team with a loyal client base
We are a team of 10 vets running a busy 24 hour clinic in Bury St Edmunds. We provide out of hours for the local area and have multiple certificate holders, which allows us to accept referrals in imaging, orthopaedics, cardiology and critical care. We believe in the highest quality of patient and client care, our equipment includes top-of-the-range ultrasound and X-ray machines, CT scanner, video endoscopy, ventilators, dental radiography and a purpose built practice to house it all. Even more importantly, we have an incredible nursing team with multiple post graduate qualifications and advanced nursing certificates to support our vets.
We are lucky to have a dedicated client base, many of them have been with the practice for many years. Our clients are lovely. They are dedicated to their pets, willing to invest in high quality care for them and will appreciate you and all that you do for them.
Why choose us?
• Clinical freedom - Our vets have the freedom to manage their cases however they see fit. We have no protocols or limits, and have regular clinical discussions and vets meetings to make sure that we are using everybody's knowledge and skills to their best advantage
• Caseload - a bold claim, but we believe that we have the most exciting caseload to be found in East Anglia, outside of a tertiary referral practice. Come and be a part of it!
• Support - we have multiple certificate holders in both our vet and nursing teams, and actively encourage further CPD. We have a second on call rota of experienced vets so that back up is always available OOH if needed
• Well planned diary - We have 15 minute consults, time in the diary for admin/phone calls, dedicated theatre days and a variety of shifts to ensure smooth 24/7 cover, without anyone working over their planned hours. Our dedicated night team mean that you can hand your patients over as your shift ends, knowing that they'll be in safe hands until you are back in the clinic.
• Team - The highest compliment that we've had is from the multiple locums, nurses and student who have come to visit, and then stayed to work with us permanently because they love the vibe and atmosphere of our team. We are an enthusiastic, driven team, and are always looking for new additions
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
Part of the advantage of working in a large team is that there is something for everyone! We are looking for either new, recent grads or experienced vets - if you'd like to know more about us, or even come and visit us for a couple of days please get in touch. If you are yet to graduate, why not come and spend some time with us on EMS to get a feel for who we are, then consider joining us when you get your hard earned MRCVS!
Address: Sidney House Western Way, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, United Kingdom