Veterinary Surgeon Required At Swayne And Partners, Newmarket
Up to £63,000 DOE
Swayne & Partners, Newmarket
Newmarket, Suffolk, United Kingdom
Swayne and Partners, Newmarket
Up to £63,000 DOE plus benefits
Swayne and Partners, Newmarket have a fantastic opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our well-established practice. Our practice will give you access to a varied caseload with a mix of both consults and surgery. We encourage case continuity, and you will have the opportunity to work and follow up on your own cases.
Although we are initially recruiting for maternity cover June 2023 through to Feb 2024, we are confident that there will be a role available on a permanent basis within Swayne and Partners following on from this period should the successful candidate be looking for a longer-term commitment.
Work life balance that works for you
Typically, our day Vets work between 8am to 7pm. If you are interested in full-time, we compress your hours, so you work a four-day week rather than a five-day week, giving you an extra day off. If Part Time hours would be more suitable our team will happily discuss flexible options allowing you to get the most out of your work-life balance. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick up, need reduced hours during school holidays or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern we will try to adjust our patterns to suit you.
Our Bury St Edmunds surgery cares for our intensive inpatients and are available for emergencies 24 hours a day 7 days a week so you can rest assured your patients will be looked after by members of your team with the highest level of care. To ensure we can provide this service some involvement in our weekend rota here is required, usually one weekend of dayshifts a month or alternatively working within the Saturday morning 1: 3 and 1 :6 weekend dayshift rotas. Alternatively, maybe weekend shifts are what you are looking for to fit in with your current lifestyle. We also offer the opportunity of working occasional nights at our 24hr site alongside our team of experienced RVNs to allow you to keep your experience up in ECC. As you can see, we are able to offer many flexible shift options.
A supportive team with a loyal client base
We are a team of 3 vets running a busy small animal clinic in Newmarket, a small market town which is at the heart of British horse racing. In addition to the clinical directors Medicine certificate on site at Newmarket we have multiple certificate holders across our three other surgeries, which allows us to share a huge amount of knowledge and experience throughout the team. We believe in the highest quality of and pride ourselves on patient and client care , our on site equipment includes ultrasound, two theatres, X-ray and in-house lab facilities and to compliment this we have a CT scanner, video endoscopy, ventilators, dental radiography all available at the 24hour site.
We are lucky to have a dedicated client base, many of them have been with the practice for many years. Our clients are lovely. They are dedicated to their pets, willing to invest in high quality care for them and will appreciate you and all that you do for them.
Why choose us?
• Clinical freedom - Our vets have the freedom to manage their cases however they see fit. We have no protocols or limits and have regular clinical discussions to make sure that we are using everybody's knowledge and skills to their best advantage
• Caseload - we have an exciting and varied caseload and encourage our vets to build their own client base.
• Support - we have multiple certificate holders in both our vet and nursing teams across all four surgeries, and actively encourage further CPD. We have a second on call rota of experienced vets so that back up is always available OOH if needed
• Well planned diary - We have 15-minute consults, time in the diary for admin/phone calls and dedicated theatre days.
• Team - We are an enthusiastic, driven team, and are always looking for new additions. We have a mix of experience and knowledge to draw upon within both our vet and nurse teams.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
We are looking for either new, recent grads or experienced vets across our surgeries - if you'd like to know more about us, or even come and visit us for a couple of days please get in touch. If you are yet to graduate, why not come and spend some time with us on EMS to get a feel for who we are, then consider joining us when you get your hard-earned MRCVS!
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please quote reference BH8683 when applying for this role.
Address: The Maltings Fordham Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, United Kingdom