Veterinary Surgeon Required At Vet On The Hill, Caterham
Up to £60,000 (FTE) depending on experience.
Vet On The Hill
Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom
Vet on the Hill has a rare opportunity for an experienced vet to join our established team. We are looking for a full or part time vet to work 2-5 days/week, 15-40 hours per week with 1 in 4 Saturday mornings. Hours can range anywhere between 8 am and 7 pm with no OOH. The role is ideally suited to a candidate with an interest in medicine and a consulting bias. There is flexibility, and the role can be tailored for the right candidate.
There is excellent support from our Vets, Nurses, and reception/admin team. We aim to support and encourage special interests. CPD is encouraged and funded to Certificate level.
The salary for this role is up to £60,000 (FTE) depending on experience.
Vet on the hill is a thriving 100% small animal, first opinion practice. Established in 2014, we provide high-quality service and care to our clients. We are situated in the lovely town of Caterham with links to the M25 and London, and the beautiful Surrey Hills are on our doorstep.
Our practice is modern, single site, and well equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray, high spec ultrasound, endoscopy, multi-parameter GA monitors, digital tonometry etc.
About the Team and Culture
We have a fantastic, supportive, and welcoming team made up of 7 Vets (one certificate holder), 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Receptionists/Admin, 1 VCA and a Practice Manager. We have a real ethos of supporting and encouraging one another, communicating well, and putting patient care and customer satisfaction first. The veterinary team pride themselves in the support they give one another.
We are looking for a vet with some experience in small animal practice, to deliver exceptional veterinary care and customer service. Occasional sole charge (Saturday mornings).
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 CPD allowance
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7062.
Address: 17 Essendene Road Caterham CR3 5PB United Kingdom, Caterham, Surrey, United Kingdom