Veterinary Surgeon Required At East Grinstead Vets In West Sussex
10 months ago
Up to £65,000 DOE
East Grinstead Vets, East Grinstead
East Grinstead, Sussex, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for a passionate Veterinary Surgeon to join our fantastic team on either a Full Time or Part Time basis. Day to day duties include a mix of consultations, working up medical cases and some routine surgery. Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of cases with support from experienced colleagues.
For a Full Time position the working week is made up of four days with a full day off every week. Shifts are from 9am to last appointment 6pm three days per week until 7pm one day a week. We work alternate Saturday mornings to 12pm and 1:5 Sundays, just one or two hours if the duty nurse needs help with non-critical in-patients.
For the Part Time position it would be three days per week plus one in three Saturday mornings, hours negotiable. No OOH work for either working pattern.
Salary for the role is up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Relocation Allowance paying up to £5,000 (subject to eligibility)
We are a well-equipped practice with spacious consulting rooms and plenty of kennel space. We have ultrasound, digital x-ray, endoscopes, and a K-laser. Full in-house laboratory and a dedicated dental room with dental x-ray. Our Vets all have over 10 years’ experience and include a surgery certificate holder. We have a friendly team of experienced nurses, and we are a nurse training practice. The town of East Grinstead has a many sport and leisure facilities, a cinema and easy train links to London. Beautiful Ashdown Forest is on our doorstep and Brighton and the South Downs National Park are within easy reach. Gatwick airport is only 20 minutes away for those well-earned breaks!
Team and Culture
We have 5 experienced Vets including a surgery certificate holder and a team of 8 Nurses. There are 6 Receptionists and 2 Practice Managers. Both Practice Managers have over 20 years’ experience at East Grinstead Vets and are super supportive of the team. The candidate will benefit from lots of support from colleagues with a wealth of experience in both medicine and surgery. We hold fundraising events for local animal charities and the nearby national Cats Protect centre.
We are looking for a good team player with some experience in medicine who is keen to work up cases to a high standard. An interest in surgery would be an advantage but not essential. We are a friendly team and looking forward to welcoming a new colleague who is keen to take on new challenges.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8414.
Address: Maypole Road, East Grinstead, Sussex, United Kingdom