Senior Veterinary Surgeon Required At Woodland Veterinary Centre, Midhurst
6 months ago
Up to £66,000 DOE
Woodland Veterinary Centre, Midhurst
Midhurst, West Sussex, United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team here at Woodland Veterinary Centre. This is a Full Time or Part Time position with flexibility over working days / hours offering you a combination of main site (mainly based here) and branch work – the split can be discussed. There will be a mixture of consulting and surgery with some sole charge, someone with an interest in ultrasonography would be desirable. The typical shifts are either 8am – 6.30pm or 8.30 am – 7 pm with no OOH. Saturdays mornings vary from 1:3 to 1:5.
We have 15-minute consultations for routine appointments and 30-minute consultations for more complex cases to enable a clinical workup to be performed. Consultations finish at 12 noon and do not begin again until 3 pm, this time allows for any phone calls, in-patient checks, and of course some lunch!
For those looking for that next step, we also have an excellent opportunity to become a Senior Veterinary Surgeon where you will have the opportunity to mentor less experienced team members.
- Salary for the role is up to £66,000 per annum depending on experience
- Welcome Bonus paying up to £5,000
- Relocation Allowance paying up to £5,000, (subject to eligibility) + Accommodation on offer
Our main site is based in Midhurst and we have two smaller branches based in Liphook and Haslemere. We are situated in the beautiful South Downs, a stone throws away from the coast and London, giving the best of both worlds. We are an hour from both Heathrow and Gatwick Airport allowing for close transport links to Europe and beyond. Our main branch has recently had our kennels refurbished, having a separate dog and cat ward allowing for improved patient welfare and we are soon to start refurbing the waiting area and consultation rooms. Having a separate dog and cat waiting area and increasing our consulting rooms to 3.
We have lots of toys, to name a few, digital x-ray, dental x-ray, a multiparameter anesthetic monitoring machine, blood pressure doppler, microscope, in-house biochemistry and haematology blood machines, ultrasound with cardiac and abdominal probe, laser, ECG, endoscope, and tonometer.
About the Team and Culture
We have an amazing team of 7 Vets, 5 RVNs, 3 SVNs, 3 VCAs, and receptionists all working together to achieve an excellent standard of care. We would confidently say one of our unique selling points would be our team. We have several vets working towards certificates in small animal medicine, cardiology, and dentistry. You will ideally already have a certificate and be willing to mentor the less experienced team members as we encourage our vets to pursue their passions in whatever form. We are well established in the community and look after the residents of a local Cats Protection Adoption Centre. If you are looking to join a nurturing and friendly team, with a high emphasis on learning and development then we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a compassionate vet who has some sole charge experience. We do hope you will be hardworking, kind, considerate, have high energy, have a positive can-do attitude, be happy to use your initiative and use time and resources effectively, and enjoy interacting with clients. You will have good interpersonal skills with a passion for all aspects of Veterinary medicine. You will instinctively want to go that extra mile to provide the best care to your patients.
We would ideally like someone who is interested in progressing and taking sole responsibility while at the branch, ideally with a certificate and official veterinarian qualification or the willingness to train to become one.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you, please get in touch and quote reference BH6880
Address: Grange Road, Midhurst, West Sussex, United Kingdom