BSAVA Publishes New Textbook Of Veterinary Nursing
The BSAVA Textbook of Veterinary Nursing, 6th edition is now available. Barbara Cooper, Elizabeth Mullineaux and Lynn Turner have reprised their roles as editors, working with new and returning authors to fully revise and update this core text.
The textbook is tailored to the needs of veterinary nurse students undertaking their Level 3 Diploma or Degree in Veterinary Nursing, as well as recently qualified veterinary nurses working in practice. The book introduces the full range of veterinary nursing skills, theory and knowledge that students and recent graduates are expected to demonstrate. This edition focuses on dogs, cats, small mammals, birds and reptiles.
The layout of the book is designed to complement learning in clinical practice. Each chapter starts by listing learning objectives and ends with self-assessment questions, as well as providing key references, further reading and useful websites. A new appendix on veterinary terminology and a thorough index help make this an accessible resource.
The textbook features three new chapters:
· Nursing interventions in hospitalised animals
· Nurse-led clinics
· Managing the hospital ward and basic patient care.
BSAVA Senior Vice President, Sue Paterson said: “The range of skills expected from the registered veterinary nurse (RVN) is highlighted by the length and breadth of this completely updated textbook.”
The BSAVA Textbook of Veterinary Nursing, 6th edition is now available from the BSAVA website (www.bsava.com/shop) or by phone on 01452 726700 (£65.00; BSAVA members: £45.00).
More from BSAVA
- BSAVA and BVBA provide behavioural advice for pet owners and veterinary professionals
- Acute canine kidney injury following general anaesthesia? Authors of JSAP study would like to hear from you.
- Boomerang the kitten bounces back thanks to pro bono hernia surgery
- Owners of canine golden oldies urgently needed to help with Old Age Pets project
- BSAVA launches new online Guide to Nutrition