BSAVA Releases New Nutrition Webinar
A new webinar has been added to the BSAVA Library to accompany the online BSAVA Guide to Nutrition. The essential ingredients of a good nutritional recommendation is presented by Georgia Woods, one of the editors of the new BSAVA Guide, and covers the key points that need to be considered when offering a nutritional recommendation to a pet owner.
· Evaluation of the current situation
· The main aims of a nutritional recommendation
· Assessment of evidence quality for diet claims
· How the recently released BSAVA Guide to Nutrition can help facilitate meaningful conversations with owners regarding diet
“Nutrition discussions with clients can be challenging, not least given the plethora of diets available for pets,” said Georgia. “This webinar aims to cover the main points to support an evidence-based decision-making process to help vets engage owners in a meaningful discussion about nutrition and provide guidance on the most suitable diet for their pet.”
The BSAVA Guide to Nutrition is an independent guide comprising a series of factsheets for veterinary professionals on four different diet options; each of these is accompanied by a factsheet for owners that can be provided as part of the consultation. The factsheets cover:
- Commercially manufactured diets
- Grain-free diets
- Home-prepared cooked diets
- Raw diets.
The new BSAVA Guide to Nutrition is available exclusively through the BSAVA Library (£25; £15 to BSAVA members). Georgia’s lecture on ‘The essential ingredients of a good nutritional recommendation’ can be accessed via the BSAVA Webinar Library.
More from BSAVA
- Study confirms bacterial contamination of mobile phones and tablets in veterinary hospitals
- Remember to look after yourselves says Keynote Dr Ranj, on the final day of BSAVA Congress
- Dragons’ Den Keynote shows the profession how to fly on day two of BSAVA Virtual Congress
- Keynote puts the record straight on first day of BSAVA Virtual Congress
- BSAVA titles making their debut at BSAVA Congress 2021