Calling All UK Vets! Nominations Are Now Open For The Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2021
Burgess Pet Care today announces that nominations for the Burgess Excel Vet Awards, which celebrate the hard work of veterinary professionals who work tirelessly to improve the lives of the UK’s pet rabbits, have opened.
In conjunction with the Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWAF), the awards are free to enter and are open to practising veterinary professionals in the UK, who are able to demonstrate the exceptional levels of care and professional advice they provide to pet rabbits and their owners.
Following the success of last year’s inaugural awards, several new categories have been added for 2021, comprising: -
- Rabbit Vet of the Year, open to all practising UK veterinary surgeons;
- Rabbit Vet Nurse of the Year, open to all practising veterinary nurses in the UK;
- Rabbit-friendly Veterinary Practice of the Year, open to all practices on the RWAF rabbit friendly list;
- Best Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW) Campaign of the Year;
- Rabbit Support Staff of the Year *NEW CATEGORY*
- Rabbit Student of the Year *NEW CATEGORY*
- Rabbit Friendly Charity Practice of the Year *NEW CATEGORY*
- Guinea Pig Friendly Practice of the Year *NEW CATEGORY*
Peter Lancaster, Head of Marketing at Burgess Pet Care, said: “The Burgess Excel Vet Awards highlight individuals and practices in the veterinary community who are going that extra mile to help improve the lives of one of the UK’s most popular, but least understood, pets.
“Following their successful launch last year, these Awards underline the commitment of Burgess Pet Care and RWAF in continually improving standards of rabbit welfare across the UK. This is a key goal for both of our organisations and supports the fantastic work that has been achieved through Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW).
“In recognition of the launch of the first Guinea Pig Awareness Week (GPAW) which took place earlier this year, we are delighted to extend this year’s awards to include entries for Guinea Pig Friendly Practice of the Year. Like rabbits, guinea pigs have very specific welfare needs and dietary requirements, and there is a lot of work to be done to ensure that their welfare needs are met.”
Rae Walters, Director at RWAF, added: - “We’re absolutely delighted to throw our support behind these Awards once again, as they recognise and reward the rabbit-friendly vet practices and individuals who go the extra mile to understand – and provide the highest standards of care for - these wonderful creatures.”
Award nominations are encouraged via the nomination form on the dedicated website [or by completing a nomination form and returning it via post]. Self-nominations can also be made.
The judging panel, which will feature a selection of industry experts, veterinary professionals and rabbit specialists, will be announced at a later date.
The closing date for entries is 1 October 2021, with the winner of each category being announced on 11 November at the London Vet Show 2021. Each category winner will receive a trophy and a cash prize.
More from Burgess Pet Care
- Deadline extended for Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2021
- Judging panel revealed for Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2021
- Almost one in 10 Pets Have Gained Weight During the Pandemic, Survey Finds
- There’s still time to nominate for this year’s Burgess Excel Vet Awards
- Burgess Pet Care announces the launch of the Rabbit Awareness Action Group (RAAG)