Deadline Extended For Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2022
26th September, 2022 11h58
Burgess Pet Care
Burgess Pet Care today announces that the deadline for this year’s Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2022 has been extended to enable more nominations to be made.
The original deadline was Friday 23 September but this has now been extended until Friday 30 September 2022 to encourage more submissions, particularly for the Guinea Pig Friendly Practice of the Year and Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW) Campaign of the Year categories.
Now in their third year, the Burgess Excel Vet Awards celebrate the dedication and hard work of veterinary practices, vets and nurses who work tirelessly to improve the lives of domestic rabbits and guinea pigs in the UK, whose welfare needs are often misunderstood.
Working in partnership with the Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund (RWAF), the Awards, which are free to enter, are open to practices and individuals who can demonstrate the exceptional levels of care and professional advice they provide to rabbits, guinea pigs and their owners.
This year’s Awards categories comprise: -
- Rabbit Vet of the Year open to registered veterinary surgeons practicing in the UK;
- Rabbit Vet Nurse of the Year open to registered veterinary nurses practicing in the UK;
- Rabbit Support Staff of the Year open to staff who are currently working in a registered practice in the UK;
- Rabbit Practice of the Year open to practices in the UK who are members of the Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund and currently hold RWAF Silver or Gold accreditation as a ‘Rabbit Friendly Practice’;
- Rabbit Student of the Year open to students studying in the UK for a veterinary or animal nutrition related degree;
- Rabbit Friendly Charity Practice of the Year open to UK-based practices;
- Guinea Pig Friendly Practice of the Year open to practices registered in the UK; and
- Rabbit Awareness Week (RAW) Campaign of the Year open to any UK-based practice or individual.
The Awards finalists will be announced on 24 October before the winners are announced at the London Vet Show 2022, which runs from 17-18 November.
One winner from each category will receive a trophy and cash prize of £250.
Award nominations can be made via the nomination form on the Excel Vet Awards website or by completing a nomination form and returning it via post. Self-nominations may also be made. Further information is available on the Vet Awards website.
More from Burgess Pet Care
- Burgess’ Greyhound and Lurcher two-week takeover campaign is back!
- Burgess Pet Care Receives Accolade in National Cat Product Awards
- Guinea Pig Awareness Week Gets a Big ‘Paws Up’ From The Veterinary Community
- Burgess Pet Care spreads some festive cheer by donating £1800 worth of Small Animal & Pet Food to Your Pet Food Bank
- The Veterinary Professionals and Practices Crowned Champions in the National Burgess Excel Vet Awards 2022