Dechra Unveils Dexacortone®: A Flavoured Double Divisible SmartTab®
A new symptomatic treatment for inflammatory and allergic conditions in cats and dogs has been announced for the UK market by Dechra Veterinary Products.
Dexacortone, which is approximately 25 times more potent than short-acting substances such as hydrocortisone, contains dexamethasone (0.5 mg and 2 mg), a long-acting glucocorticosteroid.
Dechra Brand Manager Carol Morgan said: “Dexamethasone works to suppress the inflammatory response and should be combined with treatment of the underlying disease.”
The chewable tablets have been developed with a chicken flavour to encourage greater acceptance by animals and have Dechra’s double divisible SmartTab format to ensure accurate and flexible dosing.
Dexacortone is available in easy to dispense blister packs.
Carol Morgan continued: “The dose and duration of treatment should be determined by the veterinarian based upon the desired effect and on the nature and severity of each individual case and our SmartTab format makes Dexacortone tablets easily divisible. The tablet portions have a six day shelf life that also reduces the wastage of medicine.”
For more information visit www.dechra.co.uk
More from Dechra
- Dechra adds Otitis podcast to its online CPD library
- New Equibactin® Powder offers convenient and accurate antibiotic dosing
- New Equisolon® sachets make for convenient dosing for equine asthma
- Exploring the “good, bad and the ugly” of equine lameness diagnosis and treatment
- Dechra’s equine webinar series to provide insight for veterinary professionals