Specialist Epilepsy Clinic Launched At Southern Referral Centre
13th May, 2019 14h56
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists, a leading referral centre on the South coast, is now offering a specialist epilepsy clinic as one of their many fixed price packages.
Raquel Trevail DVM, DipECVN, MRCVS. RCVS and European Specialist in Veterinary Neurology said: “We are very excited to be able to offer a specialist lead seizure clinic. These cases are very common and can be very distressful for pet owners. We hope that by offering a fixed price clinic this will help clients seek guidance and reassurance, along with supporting them with their finance management”.
Epilepsy is characterised by repeat seizures, “fits” or “funny turns”. It is a very common neurological condition and due to its chronicity and unpredictability, it can be a very difficult condition to manage. Having a full understanding of the cause helps with a more specific and tailored treatment plan. In some occasions seizure control can be achieved relatively easy but in some other cases it can be a challenge.
What is included in the fixed price offer:
· Full assessment of each individual patient supported by a multidisciplinary team
· Comprehensive blood tests to investigate systemic and infectious diseases
· A 1.5T on site Hallmarq MR available at all times, with radiologists on site and final report provided within 24 hours
· Cerebrospinal spinal fluid evaluation
· New state of the art wards, with nursing and veterinary staff always available
· Electroencephalogram available in order to confirm and help managing challenging cases
· Treatment plan tailored to each patient and reviewed as necessary.
More from Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists