Medical Challenges For Advanced Practitioners A 2-Day Interactive & Practical Course
VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
Duration: 2 hour(s)
This 2-day practical course was designed for equine practitioners with a good working knowledge in internal medicine and covers challenging conditions and new developments in the field. Each of the following hot topics will be addressed via well-illustrated, interactive case-discussions providing a platform for the panel of speakers to share pitfalls, erroneous clinical conclusions and useful tips and tricks:Pleural & Pericardial Diseases Hepatic Diseases Non-healing Corneal Ulcers Ultrasonography of the Foal Common Cardiac Conditions Investigation of the Thin Horse Urinary Tract Disorders Vascular Ultrasound New Developments and Tips & TricksBetween both afternoons, 7 hours of practical sessions will give attendees plenty of opportunity to put theory into practice on live horses and cadaver specimens and to ask questions in small groups (2 4 attendees / ultrasound machine), all under the supervision of specialists. Each attendee will rotate through the following practical sessions: Abdominal Ultrasound & Liver/Renal Biopsy TechniquesEndocrine Case-Based Discussions Ultrasound-guided Spinal Fluid Collection Arrhythmia Case-based DiscussionsThoracic Ultrasound incl. Basic Echocardiography Respiratory Endoscopy incl. BAL, Tracheal & Guttural Pouch Washes, PET Block etc.Ophthalmologic Procedures & Ultrasound Nerve blocks, lavage system placement, keratotomy, aqueocentesis etc.The course fee includes lunches at a restaurant, coffee/tea breaks, a wine & cheese reception, extensive electronic course notes and a certificate of attendance. Attendees can choose to only attend the lectures (= Lectures Only) on this course or can register for the entire course (= Lectures & Practical Sessions). Early course registration is recommended as there are only a limited number of places available.
Who is it for?
Vets Vet Students
Andy DurhamBSc, BVSc, CertEP, DEIM, DipECEIM, MRCVSGunther van LoonDVM, PhD, Dipl.ECEIM, Assoc.Member ECVDIAnne CouroucDMV, PhD, Dipl.ECEIM
Clinique quine des Brviaires, Paris, France
Number of CPD hours this event can be recorded as
Registration and Booking
More from VetPD - Veterinary Professional Development
- Equine Ultrasound-Guided Orthopaedic Injection Techniques & Therapies A 2-Day Practical Course
- Orthopaedic Radiography & Comparative Imaging for Advanced Practitioners
- Orthopaedic Rehabilitation of the Equine Athlete & Rehabilitation for Equine Neck, Back & Sacroiliac Conditions (Axial Skeleton) Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Session
- Rehabilitation for Lower Limb Tendon & Ligament Conditions Lectures (online), On-Location Case-Discussions & Practical Sessions
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound for Equine Practitioners Lectures (provided online) & On-Location Practical Sessions