Locum Veterinary Surgeon – January 2023 – Ongoing (JT-22899)
North West London, London, United Kingdom
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Locum Vet Surgeon to join a supportive team in Northwest London.
They have a head and senior nurse off rota every day to help coordinate and plan the day, supporting the P2 vet with the daily case planning, dedicated inpatient nurse and surgical ward nurse, dedicated theatre nurse and nursing assistant, clinics nurse, dispensary assistants and nursing assistants/ trainee nurses to assist with consults/meds alongside a reception team for anything client related. There is a team manager on call every day to offer advice/support if needed also.
- Locum Vet Surgeon – full-time position
- Start date – January 2023
- Duration – ongoing
- 5 days per week, 7-hour days plus a 1-hour lunch break, with 1 day per week as the vet on-call for inpatients only
- The on-call requirement is mostly in place to offer support/advice to the night nurse if needed and on rare occasions, clinical care to a critical patient if needed (this has been required maybe twice in the last 18 months)
- The shifts are 8-4pm consults (C1), 8-4pm surgery (P1), 8-4pm inpatients and “on the day” cases (P2), 11.20-7.20pm consults (L1) or 12-8pm consults/ overnight inpatients \they close at 7pm) (L2)
- 1:6 weekends working 8-4pm Saturday and 8-4 or 9-5pm Sunday. The weekend includes inpatient duty overnight – being available for the night nurse to call if needed
- A 4-day weekend is given in lieu the Thursday and Friday after a working weekend
- 20-minute consults and 40-minute slots for complex cases
- Each vet works with 2 vet students per shift, demonstrating practice and guiding their skill development (training and induction is provided for this, no teaching experience is required)
Salary and Benefits
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Onsite accommodation for on-call shifts and the L2/ weekend vet has parking allocated if they wish to drive on that shift
- Full-time accommodation on site from late January – ongoing
- Onsite gym accessible to all employees (locum or permanent) and an onsite cafeteria
* There is potential for this role to become permanent as they are recruiting for a senior vet with a surgical certificate (already obtained or enrolled) and a head vet. They will consider a 2-3 year experienced vet for a permanent role (full of part time) and provide financial support towards an advanced certificate as well as the Post Graduate Diploma in veterinary education.
We are looking for a good all-round GP Veterinary surgeon, and you will be covering all routine first opinion small animal work with consults and ops where required. You must be able to cover the basic surgeries.
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn is a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supplies Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company. Should you wish to discuss locum or permanent positions we have or would like to register a vacancy with us call us on 0117 329 3900.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: North West London, London, United Kingdom