Practice Manager - Watford 24-Hour Hospital
Watford, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Practice Manager to join our Watford 24-Hour Hospital.
This is a brand-new role responsible for supporting the day-to-day running a busy hospital, ensuring the delivery of excellent clinical quality and care, and promoting a strong professional relationship between the branch staff and our wider teams.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- Salary up to £33,719 per annum depending on experience
- Monday to Friday - 40 hour week - 09:00-17:20 with 30 minutes for lunch
- RCVS, VDS and BVNA membership fees
- £300 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave
- 5 weeks paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 100% attendance scheme
- ‘Peternity’ leave
- In this role you'll work closely with the Branch Partners, Head Nurse, Head CCA and Regional Team to ensure efficiency and high performance is maintained within the hospital.
- This will include management of debt and insurance, invoices, client care with focus on our client update system for hospitalised patients, taking ownership of complaints ensuring they are dealt with appropriately, and managing the branch Facebook page.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the clinical team undertake clinical rounds, maintaining in-house rotas and develop/implement workplace procedures such as appointment bookings, annual leave, cleanliness and general house-keeping.
- Assisting your Area Manager and Regional Director with recruitment as well as taking action to create a positive environment that results in stable retention for your branch, identifying training needed and running regular branch meetings.
- You'll manage HR duties such as PDR’s and conducting return to work assessments, primary absence reviews and working with regional team on PIP and disciplinary procedures.
- Flexible to pick up RVN duties when required
- In addition, you'll work closely with our wider teams from Clinical Operations to Practice Standards and Health & Safety, ensuring Medivet policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to. Ensuring the Medivet Healthcare Plan and IVC's are being used in branch, and aid IBDC processes.
Skills and experience
Medivet Watford is led by our two Branch Partners, Andrea and Candice. We have a fantastic team made up of 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 9 RVN, 4 SVN/PCA and 4 Client Care Assistants.
The hospital supports approximately 20 branches across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Greater London. We see many colleagues from our wider teams for patient hospitalisation and overnight care, which is managed by our dedicated night team.
Address: Watford, United Kingdom