Veterinary Care Assistant Passionate About Cats
The London Cat Clinic
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
The London Cat Clinic is an independent, purpose-built, award-winning feline only veterinary practice with an outstanding reputation for clinical excellence. We have seen a huge amount of growth over the last four years and now is a very exciting time to join our team as we have recently expanded to provide 24hr emergency OOH care to our registered clients, we offer feline referral services for internal medicine, and we also offer ophthalmology referral services.
We are looking for a caring, cat crazy veterinary care assistant to join our team. Our successful candidate will have/be:
- 5 GCSE's at grade C / 4 or above to include Maths, English Language and a Science and be in possession of examination certificates
- Alternatively, City & Guilds will accept alternative qualifications, e.g. Veterinary Care Assistant Certificate, Animal Nursing Assistant Award or National Diploma in Animal Care - you will still be required to provide proof of GCSE Maths and English and provide the original certificate
- Super passionate about cats
- Hardworking and motivated to provide excellent assistance
- Delivers excellent feline friendly care and adheres to our Gold-Standard Feline Friendly Protocols (training provided)
- Takes a proactive approach to tasks
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Good team player
- Works with a positive attitude and contributes to the clinic’s culture
You will be joining a passionate and dedicated team, in which the front of house team, the nurses and the vets completely rely on each other, and we work as a cohesive unit to deliver the very highest levels of care and service. You should be dedicated to uphold our Ethos, ‘CATS’ - Committed, Accountable, Trusted and Striving for Excellence
About the role:
This full-time role is 40 hrs per week split over 5 days from 830am to 500pm. We are ideally looking for this role to be covered Tuesday to Saturday however alternatives can be discussed.
- Assisting with inpatient care of our hospitalised patients.
- Assisting the vets in their consultations if handling of a patient is required
- Assisting the nurses with preparing for procedures and keeping clinical areas clean and disinfected.
- Packaging lab samples and performing in house blood analysis
- Providing environmental enrichment to our hospitalised patients
Previous experience is a bonus, but rest assured, you will be inducted and given full training.
- Joining to a close-knit team
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- 28 days holiday leave
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Regular 1-2-1's with line managers
- Annual pay reviews
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discretionary paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Career progression opportunities
If you feel this role is right for you please submit a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com. If you would like an informal confidential chat call Laura on 0203 740 1112. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and we hope to welcome you as a new member of The London Cat Clinic team very soon.
Tel: 0203 740 1112
Address: 82-86 Spa Rd, London, Greater London, United Kingdom