Area Manager Beckenham - Mat Cover FTC
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry is creating exceptional opportunities for people like you.
Here, you won’t just be part of the team, you’ll be part of our nationwide family. We’ve built a network of 330 practices with 22 state-of-the-art 24-hour centres that are all home to a family of professionals who provide a high standard of care. You won’t just help to deliver care, you’ll deliver exceptional care for your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all supported by your colleagues and some of the best training and development in the industry.
Join us where we’re building better every day.
Joining our professional, personable team within the Beckenham region, you’ll deliver exceptional leadership and care to your colleagues in practice. Ensuring they have the support and guidance to enable them to deliver outstanding levels of care, that’s always there.
Reporting directly to the Regional Director, as Area Manager, you’ll lead the efficient, effective, day-to-day delivery of exceptional care across your practice network. That means working closely with regional leadership teams and practice staff ensuring the delivery of a one team approach.
You will be responsible for hosting frequent practice staff meetings, planning practice rotas and dealing with day-to-day employment activities, including recruitment, onboarding and development.
A culture of care and consistently high service levels are essential in every practice and you’ll enable these by supporting our people at every level, from receptionist to veterinary surgeon, all while upholding the standards of our Investor in People status.
Whether you’re a Vet, Registered Veterinary Nurse or Practice Manager, you’ll have some experience in this area and have successfully led a team. You now want to take your experience to the next level, bringing your eye for detail, organisational and communication skills to work where we’re all focused on delivering the best care possible.
A driving licence and flexible approach to working hours are also essential.
- Management and planning of the practice rotas
- Dealing with day to day issues i.e. sickness, staff welfare etc.
- Liaising with Regional Director and Branch Partners regarding management and personnel of the practice
- Clinical governance and performance/quality management
- Working closely with your Recruitment Partner, reviewing CVs and interviewing Nurses and Practice Support staff
- Ensure the practice complies with health and safety legislation as directed by Medivet's Health and Safety Officer
Skills and experience
- RVN or experienced Practice Manager as defined by RCVS
- Driving licence essential
- Strong communication skills – working closely with Regional Directors, Branch
- Partners and key stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrable ability to work in and lead a team and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Self-driven and organised
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, manage staff and delegate tasks
- Ability to interpret dashboards and financial data
This role will work closely alongside the Regional Director, Clinical Operations Manager and wider Support Centre functions to ensure the smooth overall running of our fantastic Beckenham region.
Beckenham region is an established within the Medivet group with approx. 14 branches including our 24-hr hospital in Beckenham.
Address: Beckenham, United Kingdom