Consulting Nurse Required At Myerscough Veterinary Group, Clayton Le Dale
2 months ago
Up to £29,000 DOE
My Vet, Clayton Le Dale
Clayton Le Dale, Blackburn, United Kingdom
Here at Myerscough we are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. We are very passionate about providing outstanding pet healthcare and client service. There will also be opportunities to cover at our network of local practices allowing you to keep up your general nursing skills.
The role will be predominantly a Roving Consulting Role around various branches.
Consulting at Myerscough Vet Group is a fantastic opportunity to develop your consulting skills and help us improve and develop the clinics we offer to our clients. The environment is busy, positive and rewarding. There will also be the opportunity to spend some time working within our First Opinion Veterinary Hospital on occasions.
This is a full-time role of 37 hours per week working between the opening hours of 8.30am and 6.15pm. There is also one Saturday to work in at the RCVS Accredited Veterinary Hospital one in four Saturdays 8.00am -4.30pm. We understand that flexibility is more important than ever, therefore we’re happy to support part time applications as well.
The salary for this role is up to £29,000 depending on experience.
About Us and our fabulous Team
Myerscough Veterinary Group offers a range of state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. Our diagnostics and treatments are second to none and we have many highly trained and experienced nurses to ensure that our patients receive the very best treatment. We have 17 local practices who provide quality care, with well-equipped on-site facilities and lots of returning customers who want that friendly team feel.
We offer both primary care in a range of disciplines. Each role is interesting and varied, and should you wish to work in our hospital, referral experience is not essential as we provide training for the right applicants. All we ask for is enthusiasm, an excellent work ethic, team spirit and a passion for clinical excellence.
My Vet clinic nurse team consists of a group of nurses dedicated to carrying out nurse clinics such as weight clinics, new pet chats and hearing clinics amongst others. We have a dedicated consultation rooms where we run clinics all day Monday to Saturday. As a team we are all passionate about preventative healthcare and developing lasting bonds with our client base.
Required skills and experience….
1. Qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse
2. Nurse clinic knowledge
3. Anaesthesia skills
4. Excellent organisational skills
Would be good to have….
1. Specialist clinic knowledge
2. Interest in nutrition, weight management, preventative healthcare
3. Stock control/ordering
4. Driving Licence
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7149 when applying for this role.
Address: Myerscough House Longsight Road, Clayton Le Dale, Blackburn, United Kingdom