Clinical Nurse Lead Required At White Cross Vets, Coulby
10 months ago
up to £31,000 depending on experience
White Cross Vets, Coulby
Middlesbrough, Cleveland, United Kingdom
Our Coulby Practice is experiencing an exciting period of development and we therefore have a fantastic new opportunity available for a confident and proactive RVN to join our team as a Clinical Nurse Lead. This role will be predominantly focused on consultations, implementing, and then leading our nurse clinics, alongside closely working with the team to drive the continued development of the nurses within the Coulby practice.
If you love the clinical side of nursing, and are looking for a opportunity to lead and make real, valued change within a brilliant team – this could be the perfect role for you!
Rota and Salary
This role is for a full time (37.5 hours per week), with a share of 1 in 4 Saturdays - with TOIL. There is no out of hours required for this role.
Salary for the role is up to £31,000 depending on experience.
Our Coulby Practice is in a great location, only 15 minutes away from the North York Moors and within an hour of Leeds, York and Newcastle. A great location if you like getting out in the fresh air. We’re close to cities with great cultural opportunities.
We're a high standard practice with ultrasound, full IDEXX Blood machine range, BP monitoring and Multi-parameter GA monitoring.
About the Team and Culture
There is currently 4 Vets, 6 RVN's, 1 VCA and 4 CCC's within the Coulby Practice. We are a close-knit team that love working together!
We enjoy our wellbeing afternoons and have recently had a lovely afternoon tea, an Easter Egg hunt and a board game session! We have a nature walk and craft afternoon planned in for our next one!
Applicant Responsibilities and Requirements
- Help the CD and HVN to support the CCC team with basic clinical understanding, allowing them to successfully book pets for appointments as appropriate, emergency/routine
- Ensuring that the nursing team answer the phone when CCC’s are unable to pick up and assist in reception duties where necessary
- Working alongside the HVN but taking primary responsibility in ensuring that student VNs are trained
- Helping to support the HVN by taking clinical development responsibility across the nurse team to include clinical progression and identifying areas for training requirements
- Running effective nurse clinics within the nursing team and ensuring training requirements are fulfilled to enable the team to successfully complement veterinary treatment plans
- Organising clinical nurse meetings monthly
- Attending regular CPD to promote clinical development across the nursing team
- Helping to support the CD, Senior Vets and HVN in development of new graduate vets by ensuring the nursing team are confident clinically to assist in consultations and surgical procedures
- Monitor nursing team CPD compliance
- Supporting and supervising the nursing team in respect of clinical protocols implemented alongside the HVN
- Ensure that the clinic achieves the Patient Safety Award and conducts regular clinical audits following on from completion of this
- Work alongside the CD, Senior Vets and HVN to ensure that SEM are conducted when appropriate
- Minimum of 5 years' experience required for this role.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- CPD paid days and allowance
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Birthday leave
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Service-related company sick pay
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH5784 when you apply.
Address: Middlesbrough, Cleveland, United Kingdom