Orthopaedic Surgical Team Nurse Required At Cornwall Veterinary Referrals, Based At Penmellyn Hospital In St. Columb Major
Penmellyn Vets, St. Columb Major Hospital
St Columb Major, Cornwall, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has become available for a veterinary nurse to work full-time or part-time in the Cornwall Veterinary Referrals surgical team.
The role involves working within a team of dedicated surgical nurses to support the veterinary diploma-led surgical team performing orthopaedics, neurosurgery and soft tissue surgery to the highest level. This represents the only team in Devon and Cornwall with a full-time diploma-holding veterinary surgeon, making for a busy and varied caseload.
Nurses with experience of working within or managing a team will be prioritised. Experience of referral work is not a prerequisite.
Cornwall Veterinary Referrals are based at Penmellyn Hospital in St Columb Cornwall, and it is an ideal base for enjoying both the coast and countryside.
About the Team and Culture
We have a team of 25 FTE Vets and 52 FTE nurse across the whole Penmellyn Team.
The role would suit candidates with a strong work ethic, high attention to detail and an interest in anaesthesia and surgery. Advanced training is not necessary, however, working toward advanced nursing qualifications (certificates/diplomas/VTS) will be encouraged in order to maintain a progressive and capable team and highest standard of care.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- £1500 signing on bonus
- £2000 relocation allowance
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7523 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Lovell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07977243386 for more information.
Address: St Columb Major, Cornwall, United Kingdom