Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Penmellyn Vets
4 months ago
Penmellyn Vets, St Columb Major Hospital
Saint Columb Major, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Here at Penmellyn Vets we are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The role will include looking after inpatients and general nursing duties.
This can be a full or part time position with the possibility of extra hours to cover holidays across the year. We can offer some flexible working and this can be discussed at interview.
Salary £17.00 p/h to be discussed at interview. In addition to the salary, we pay a night bonus (dependent on work completed) which presently equates to over £3000 per annum.
Penmellyn Vets is set in Mid Cornwall, we have the main Hospital and ten 5 branch surgeries throughout the area. Our friendly team is supportive and in addition to this, we offer and support extra CPD that is requested. We have a purpose-built hospital that is due to be extended.
Currently, we have 21 FTE Veterinary Surgeons and 43 FTE Nurses.
We are looking for an experienced Registered Veterinary Nurse who is competent at working alone.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days FTE paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Accommodation is an option
- £1000 signing on bonus for Nurses
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH7069 when applying for this role.
Address: Station Road, Saint Columb Major, Cornwall, United Kingdom