Equine Veterinary Nurse / Vet Tech (JT-23975)
1 month ago
Okehampton, Devon, United Kingdom
Our client – a 5-vet ambulatory practice in Devon – are looking for a Equine Veterinary Nurse to join their team.
We require someone self-motivated and organised to run their small laboratory plus manage any samples sent to external labs, maintenance of veterinary equipment as well as managing the pharmacy and stock control.
As a nurse, you will also accompany the vets on visits to assist with radiography and gastroscopy and any other procedures which require another pair of hands. There is also opportunity for sole nurse visits for laser treatments etc for candidates with suitable experience and confidence.
There is a significant proportion of reproduction work over the summer and any experience in this sector would be an advantage – for example, frozen semen handling, laboratory work specific to breeding.
- Equine Veterinary Nurse/Vet Tech – permanent position
- No on-call or weekends
- Flexibility with working hours for the right person
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- 6 weeks paid holiday including bank holidays
- £600.00 CPD Allowance per annum
- RCVS Membership paid
- One other membership subscription, plus VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- CPD/training support
- Career progression opportunities
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn are a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supply Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: Okehampton, Devon, United Kingdom