Out Of Hours Night Nurse Required At Links Veterinary Group, Haddington Scotland
7 months ago
Up to £31,000 negotiable D.O.E.
Links Veterinary Group
Haddington, East Lothian, United Kingdom
Due to expanding to a 24/7 practice Links Vets are looking for a Night RVN to join our OOH team, offering the opportunity to work on ECC cases within our 1st opinion practice. Working alongside the night vet you will be responsible for our brand new out of hours provision based at our main Site in Haddington, East Lothian.
Responsible for monitoring/caring for inpatients, triaging emergencies, monitoring surgical procedures, assisting the on-call vet, administering meds and IV fluids, preparing and maintaining theatres, keeping excellent patient records and clear communications with owners, maintain a high level of cleanliness while providing unwavering care to our patients.
7x12 hour shifts, 1 week on and 1 week off
Shifts are 7/8pm start – 7/8am finish
Up to £31,000 negotiable D.O.E.
The Main hospital in Haddington is well equipped with digital radiography, in-house laboratory, ultrasonography, endoscopy, visiting specialists and ECG to name a few. We have dedicated nurse consult rooms and encourage clinics.
We have 5 branches situated over the beautiful East Lothian countryside; we are only a 20 mins from the Edinburgh city centre. We have a dedicated friendly team of 14 receptionists,10 nurses and 15 vets. We are looking for a friendly, motivated nurse to join our team. A warm welcome awaits the successful candidate.
Must be a qualified RVN and on the RCVS register, confident in sole charge and experience within OOH an advantage, we believe 24-hour care is important for patient care and job satisfaction. We also want to ensure our team have the best work/life balance and so have restructured our OOH to offer generous time back, in a flexible format. There is also an on site flat and sleeping facilities available.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Relocation package up to £5000
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH5767 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: Alderston Field Haldane Ave, Haddington, East Lothian, United Kingdom