Consulting Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets, Walkden
4 months ago
Up to £26,000 DOE FTE
White Cross Vets, Walkden
Worsley, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Our Walkden practice is currently experiencing an exciting period of growth and development, and as result we have a fantastic new opportunity available for a confident and proactive RVN to join our team as a Consult Nurse. This role will be predominantly focused on consultations, implementing, and then leading our nurse clinics, alongside closely working with the HVN to drive the continued development of the nurses within the Walkden team.
It will be a full-time role with a share of Saturday mornings (37.5 hours per week). Walkden is a flexible working practice, as our teams work-life balance and wellbeing is always top priority at White Cross Vets, so if this is of interest we’d love to discuss the specifics further with you.
If you love the consulting side of nursing, and are looking for an opportunity to lead and make real, valued change within a brilliant team – this could be the perfect role for you.
Salary up to £26000 DOE/pro-rata part-time.
About the practice
Our Walkden practice is a large spacious practice over two floors with top facilities and equipment. Our practice is fully equipped with three operating theatres, digital x-ray including digital dental x-ray, full in house IDEXX lab, ultrasound and BP monitor. We have access to shared endoscopy equipment within the White Cross group. We have 4 consulting rooms and separate cat and dog wards. The Walkden team have a diverse range of skills and interests, are all very supportive and always eager to help each other out. The nursing team run regular weight clinics, cuddle clinics and senior clinics and we are keen to expand the nurse consultations that we offer. We are passionate about serving our community and work with our local school children, to educate them on responsible pet ownership and work closely with the local charity Dogs 4 Rescue.
About our Team/Culture
One of the best parts of working at Walkden is the enthusiastic team that works closely with the Hyde practice with our Clinic Director being the Clinic Director at both sites. We love to bond over our shared love of food with regular meals out together, along with regularly partaking in some serious competition with the local pub quiz and “Breakout” rooms. There are also some very active members of the team, who join forces in training for 10k’s and our weekly Fitbit challenge.
This is a new role, introduced due to continued growth at Walkden and therefore it’s important that the successful candidate has the following skills/attributes:
- RCVS registered
- Competent and confident with Schedule 3 under vet direction
- Great communication skills
- The organisation skills and proactive nature to drive, lead and coordinate nurse clinics
- Demonstratable experience with nurse consults, and therefore confident with all aspects of general consultations
- Experience of designing and implementing Nurse Clinics in a previous practice will be advantageous but not essential
- Quality; the desire to provide a high standard of nurse consultations, to the pets under our care
- Integrity; working with the clinical team to drive the strong White Cross principles that the group adheres to, in an honest manner
- Responsibility; for learning and teaching, with the confidence and desire to bring the team together, with the HVN, to regularly upskill and develop
- Growth; to expand and progress the current nursing services provided by the clinic
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
We have many stand out benefits available to us, as an example our leave benefits are listed below (not just a generous annual leave allowance – paid donation days, wellbeing days, CPD days, peternity leave, birthday off, and more!). Did we mention work life balance is top of our agenda?
• Increasing holiday based on length of service
• Five fully paid days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
• Focus on employee wellbeing with fully paid wellbeing days issued
• 3 days paid CPD leave with a £600 CPD allowance per annum, alongside the opportunity for fully funded certificates.
• Up to four days PETernity leave, for when that new furry member joins your family
• Birthday day off
• Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
• Your pets can benefit from out Complete Wellness Plan too. Up to 3 pets free on our wellness plan (free consults, vaccinations, flea, worm, and more)
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please use BH5201 as a reference when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Susan at email@example.com or call 07977242576 for more information.
Address: Mayfield Ave, Worsley, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom