Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Amery Vets In Alton, Hampshire
4 weeks ago
ranging from £26,800 to £30,000 DOE
Amery Veterinary Group, Alton
Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly team at Amery Vets. Shifts will include theatre, inpatient care, and reception duties. We have a varied case load, with no two days the same and we operate 15-minute appointments to allow time to work up cases as needed.
Our flexible team would welcome both Full and Part time colleagues. Our shifts are 8.15 to 4.30 and 10 to 7.30, we can be flexible for the right candidate. Saturdays are 8.15 to 1.30 on a rota of 1:3. Weekends are optional, (we take care of our own hospital patients so paid overtime is available if of interest). No OOH.
- Salary ranging from £26,800 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Welcome Bonus paying up to £3k
We are a very well-established, 100% small animal practice located right next to the beautiful South Downs National Park, less than 1 hour from the coast, access to London via train and easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow airport. We continually strive for excellence in management, medicine, and service to enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets.
We have a visiting orthopaedic surgeon for the more challenging surgical cases. We are well equipped with digital x-rays and excellent ultrasound and dental equipment.
Team and Culture
Working in a vet practice is a big part of our lives and we want to enjoy coming in to work and to feel appreciated by colleagues and clients. We have a supportive and committed team of 7 Vets, 3 RVNs and 2 SVNs and 7 Receptionists in our 3 well-equipped surgeries on the Hampshire/Surrey border. We offer a vibrant workplace where you will be joining an enthusiastic and motivated team. Amery is a place where you will feel supported, encouraged, and challenged.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic Veterinary Nurse who wants to make a difference to our clients and their pets. They will be keen to develop their skills whilst sharing their knowledge with us. We are looking for a motivated, well organised, enthusiastic individual to join our Amery family.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Subject to pro rate
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7403.
Address: Amery Hill, Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom