Head Veterinary Nurse - Dalston
East London, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our team at Medivet Dalston!
Medivet Dalston is a bright and spacious, newly refurbished three-vet practice in East London.
We are equipped with digital x-ray, ultrasound, separate cat and dog wards, isolation area, lab equipment, prep area and equipped theatre.
- - Salary £34,500 per annum (includes £2k London weighting)
- - 4-day week with 1:6 weekends
- - £750 CPD allowance with 2-days CPD leave and in-house CPD available
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - Certificate support, if desired
- - 5 weeks paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- - Fair share of bank holiday cover at Camberwell 24-Hour with time back in lieu
- - Minimal on-call duties to support our dedicated night team, if required
- - Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- - Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
- - Improved Maternity and Paternity Leave
- - 100% attendance scheme and
- - 1-day ‘peternity’ leave
In this role you will assist with financial and operational performance of your practice as well as the overall team performance and engagement.
You'll take pride in the delivery of exceptional clinical quality and care, encouraging a progressive clinical culture. And, working with your regional team to ensure Medivet policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to by all of your team.
You'll work closely with the Lead Vet as well as our wider teams to ensure the general smooth running of your practice, from Practice Standards to Health & Safety, and ensure things such as debt is managed and controlled, and any complaints are dealt with appropriately.
As a Head Nurse and Clinical Coach, you will develop and support your direct reports, holding one to ones and providing regular feedback on their performance, as well as taking action to create a positive environment that results in stable retention for your branch.
Skills and experience
The practice feeds into our Camberwell 24-Hour Hospital where all out of hour care is managed by our dedicated night team, we also have an ambulance to support with hospitalising patients.
The practice is situated near to the London Overground Stations for Dalston Junction, Dalston Kingsland and Hackney Central. You can get a great coffee across the road and there are plenty of places to eat nearby.
Address: East London, United Kingdom