Head Veterinary Nurse | Broxbourne | JT-25079
2 weeks ago
Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Nurse to join our client’s small animal practice in Broxbourne.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing as well as the leading the nursing team. It would suit a confident RVN who is ready to take the next step into a Head Nurse position or who has previous Head Nurse experience. Clinical coaching experience, or at least enthusiasm to become a Clinical Coach, is essential.
We are looking for someone who is keen to support and develop the Student Nurses, junior RVNs and Care Assistants and is not afraid to get stuck in with the duties and to lead by example.
You'll have a friendly and positive attitude and want to progress and expand your knowledge and skills further. Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your job.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary of up to £32,500 per annum
- Generous CPD allowance and in-house CPD available
- On-going training is provided as relevant to your role
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- To actively participate in Nursing duties and assist Veterinary Surgeons in their duties
- To supervise the activities of the nursing and ancillary staff, ensuring they work efficiently to maintain the required legal, professional and personal standards necessary
- To liaise with the Senior Veterinary Surgeon in the organisation of rotas for nursing and ancillary staff to ensure the available staff are sensibly utilised and distributed
- To be involved in the recruitment process at the trial stage for all nurses/ancillary staff
- In liaison with the Lead Veterinary Surgeon, to co-ordinate training for Nurses, Animal Care Assistants and ancillary staff, ensuring that opportunities are available for them to gain relevant experience whilst giving support and encouragement where appropriate
- To take part in the induction training of new members of staff within the Centre, in particular Nursing Staff, Receptionists and Animal Care Assistants
- To assist the Lead Veterinary Surgeon in carrying out, at 6 and 12 months, performance reviews for nursing/ancillary staff, following up on agreed action plans
- To assist the Lead Veterinary Surgeon in ensuring all staff are informed and comply with Health & Safety policies and good practice
- To be Clinical Coach to Student Nurses when required
- To ensure the surgery complies with Practice Standards and that all documentation is kept up to date
- The practice have a loyal and friendly client base
- The practice is excellently equipped with, digital x-rays, ultrasound, dental machine, separate theatres, isolation room, staff room and much more!
If you are interested or would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] or call Joel Thompson on 0117 329 3900.
Gardner Llewelyn are a three-time award winning agency in 2015/16/17 and supply Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Nurses to the UK Veterinary profession on a temporary and permanent basis. We have been a carbon zero company since 2013 and pride ourselves on being an ethical and responsible company.
Tel: 0117 329 3900
Address: Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom