Head Veterinary Nurse Required At Inshes Veterinary Centre
Up to £30,000 DOE
Inverness, Inverness-shire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our fantastic and outgoing team at Inshes Vets!
We are looking for a confident and enthusiastic individual to lead our nurses and auxiliaries, to help drive the practice forward whilst encouraging a progressive clinical culture.
Here at Inshes Vets, the role will include clinical duties as well as organising and mentoring our nursing team. Using your clinical knowledge and management skills your role will include: -
• Stock control
• Clinical Supervisor and organising of students, Inshes Vets will support and provide you with Clinical Supervisor training if required
• Organise/attend meetings
• Equipment Maintenance
• Nurse Rotas
• Liaise with senior management to ensure co-operation within departments
• Assist in ensuring compliance with risk assurance processes including; health and safety; security; clinical governance, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) guidelines, Training Practice Inspections, and data protection
• Carry out Nursing duties such as: - anesthetic monitoring, inpatient care, radiography, in house lab testing and Nurse consults/clinics.
• be responsible for all aspects of the nursing and auxiliary team’s management to include, but not be limited to: recruitment, performance management, appraisal and absence management in line with Company policy
• To act as a role model to all clinical staff, demonstrating a strong clinical and leadership role.
• A strong desire to keep evolving and improving standards within our team.
The role is for up to 40 hours per week Monday to Friday and will include out of hours evenings and one in eight weekends on a Rota basis. The salary will be up to £30,000 depending on experience.
As the Head RVN, You would have freedom to use your experience to come up with fresh and innovative ideas with the practice team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to progress this role and nurse team.
Do you want to Lead a great team and make a difference? Then read on:
Inshes Vets is a well-established centrally located practice with access to the Highlands and Islands on your doorstep. We are a busy first opinion small animal practice, seeing a varied caseload. As a Small Animal General Practice under PSS we have a full range of in-house lab equipment, digital X-ray including dental X-ray in our dental suite, ultrasound, ECG, Storz Video endoscope and Laparoscopic surgical equipment.
About the Team and Culture
Our team consists of 6 FT vets, 3 PT Vets, 9 nurses and a large reception and support team.
Must be RCVS registered, the ideal candidate would have head nurse experience and/or clinical coaching experience. This role would also suit an experienced nurse looking to move into their first management role. We are looking for an enthusiastic, positive and organized team player with an ability to work well under pressure. You should have great communication skills and be passionate at promoting high standards of patient and client care in our patients. A key aspect is the ability to offer a positive nurturing approach to your team management
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
• 5.6 weeks inclusive of bank holidays
• £550 CPD allowance and 24hrs paid
• L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Birthday leave
• RCVS Membership paid
• VDS cover
• Discounted veterinary fees
• Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Service-related company sick pay
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6152 when applying for this role.
Address: 5 Inshes Holdings, Inverness, Inverness-shire, United Kingdom