Head Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Norwood Road Vets
1 month ago
Up to £37,000 DOE
Norwood Road Veterinary Practice
Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Head Veterinary Nurse to join our small, family feel team at Norwood Road Vets. As the Head Nurse you will be in charge of the rota and ensuring the practice needs are met alongside those of your team. You will also be in charge of developing the nurse team in their skills and education which we will back with CPD and any other training routes you think will help the practice.
This is a Full-Time role, working 40 hours per week with no OOH. We are flexible and therefore happy to discuss working hours that would suit you.
- The salary for this role is up to £37,000pa depending on experience.
- £3,000 Relocation Allowance
We have been established for 21 years with a loyal client base and we are seen as part of the community with an excellent reputation. The surgery is in an ideal location, situated between Croydon and London, next to Brockwell Park with access to great transport links.
We are a busy, 100% small animal focused practice dealing with a wide range of routine and challenging cases. Our success and growth are achieved by looking after our clients, their pets and supporting our colleagues. We also support the IVC Graduate programmes as well as being an RVN training practice.
The surgery houses all the usual equipment. Our digital x-ray (including dental) and ultrasound are all Dicom enabled and linked into our Consulting rooms. In house blood machines, multi parameter monitoring equipment, and more. Dedicated surgical, dental and imaging areas plus separate cat and dog wards and consulting rooms.
We are a Registered Training Practice and we fully support our nurses in completing certificates to further their knowledge and development which is further supported by our dedicated learning and development platforms and networking.
You might be an experienced Head Veterinary Nurse already or and RVN looking for a leadership role - no matter where you are within your career you will have access to further training and support with all the tools to enable your professional development. Within this role you will be an integral part of the management team and will assist with financial and operational performance of the practice as well as the overall team performance and engagement. You will be highly motivated and hold strong communication and people skills in order to lead in the delivery of exceptional nursing care whilst encouraging a progressive clinical culture.
Clinical coaching qualification desirable but not essential.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
(Subject to Pro Rata)
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7338.
Address: 10 Norwood Road, Herne Hill, London, United Kingdom