Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Cockfosters Veterinary Surgery
1 year ago
Up to £30,000 DOE
Wood Street Veterinary Group, Cockfosters Veterinary Surgery
Cockfosters, London, United Kingdom
Here at Cockfosters Veterinary Surgery we are looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The general nursing duties include: nurse clinics, theatre duties, anaesthesia, reception and being responsible for the day to day running of the branch.
This is a sole charge role, that would suit full or part time candidates. The working shifts are between 8.30am - 7pm, 5 days a week and 1 in 2 Saturday mornings.
Our people are at the heart of everything that we do, that’s why we know that work-life balance is vital in supporting our people to be their best selves. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Cockfosters Veterinary Surgery is a branch practice part of Wood Street Veterinary Group. It is well equipped with digital x-ray, dental x-ray and a nurse consultation room. The surgery is located a 5-minute walk away from Cockfosters tube station which takes you right into Central London. It is also close to the M25 and local scenic parks!
Our team is made up of 1 rotating Vet and 1 Receptionist. Across the Wood Street Vet Group, there are 14 Vets including certificate holders and a visiting dental specialist. There are also Nurses with anaesthesia, ECC and exotics certificates at the main hospital. As a group, Wood Street works closely with the local RSPCA centre and undertakes their veterinary work.
We will consider applications from experienced to newly qualified nurses and will also consider part-time applications. This is a sole charge position so the candidate must be confident in their skills and be able to work under their own instruction. There will be support from the main hospital when needed. They must be able to work well within a small team of 1 Vet and 1 Receptionist, and have an interest in nurse clinics.
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- 5.6 weeks
- annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH8341.
Address: 23 Heddon Court Parade, Cockfosters, London, United Kingdom