Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At White Cross Vets Redcar
White Cross Vets
Redcar, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for two Registered Veterinary Nurses to join our wonderful team here at White Cross Vets, Redcar, one on a permanent basis and one on a fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave. We are looking for a passionate, hard-working and motivated individual to assist in both consultations and surgeries. The role is varied and will include providing high quality clinical care to all pets and an outstanding client experience, helping to create and maintain an efficient and productive clinic.
The successful candidate will also uphold and adhere to the White Cross Vets Principles both within the clinic and when representing White Cross Vets externally at all times. The salary will be from £22,000-£26,000, dependent on experience.
The rota includes:
• 5 weekdays (37.5 hours in total)
• Share of Saturdays – with time back in lieu for Saturday hours.
• No out of hours
We have two multiparameter machines, blood pressure monitoring, Baer hugger, fluid warmers and fluid pumps and dental CR x-ray machine. Weight, senior pet and mobility clinics. We have a strong team ethos here at Redcar and we encourage our Veterinary Nurses to progress in areas of interest. We are a very busy practice, but the team work so well together with a varied surgery list. The team is made up of 4 Vets, 7 RVNs, 2 VCA's. Our CD has her advanced practitioner certificate in small animal medicine with another team member currently working towards this.
We are looking for highly motivated Veterinary Nurses who can thrive in our high-quality practice. You will relate to our core principles of quality, integrity, responsibility and growth, fitting seamlessly alongside our friendly practice teams as you work with team to provide a quality experience for pet owner and pets alike. Other requirements:
• Previous experience in a small animal practice setting
• 2 years’ experience as a qualified RVN desirable
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Benefits - Subject to Pro Rata:
- Increasing holiday based on length of service
- Extra day of holiday on your birthday
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £600 CPD Allowance per annum
- Five days to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Up to 4 days PETernity leave
- Free preventative veterinary care for your pets
- Contribution towards purchasing a Fitbit and weekly leader board challenges
- Various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- VDS Membership paid
- BVA Membership paid
- Practice social events
- Opportunity for career development
- L&D opportunities through the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Enhanced family friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/share parental and surrogacy pay
- Paid bereavement leave
- Service-related company sick pay
- Social events
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH4239 when applying for this role.
Address: Unit 3 West Dyke Road Retail Park, Redcar, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom