Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Hedge End Veterinary Health Centre
6 months ago
Up to £29,000 DOE
Hedge End Veterinary Health Centre
Hedge End, Southampton, United Kingdom
Here at Hedge End Veterinary Health Centre, we are looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The duties will include nursing of hospitalised patients, anaesthesia, imaging, laboratory work including cytology and running blood samples, scope for schedule three surgery, blood sampling and placing cannulas.
The role is Monday to Friday between 07:45 and 19:00 ,2:8 Saturday 8-12 (hours off set to total average 40 hours per week). There is no OOH.
The salary for this role is up to £29,000 depending on experience.
Shield Vets is across two sites, one in Hedge End and one in Bishop's Waltham, both near the port towns of Southampton and Portsmouth plus the New Forest, a great place to live if you like to kayak, SUP, open water swim, cycle, run or just enjoy the outdoors.
The clinic has the usual toys including Idexx Catalyst and Procyte plus in-house Lactate reader. It also has digital Xray, dental Xray and ultrasound.
The clinic's best-selling point is its team. The team are dedicated to their patients but also to each other, everyone is supported with team wellbeing being of utmost importance to both team and management.
We are looking for a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse with experience in Small Animal clinics. The candidate must have confidence and competence in running anaesthesia alone, nursing clinics and experience nursing a wide variety of species including but not limited to cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and other small furries.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6805.
Address: 38 Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, United Kingdom