Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Hedge End Veterinary Health Centre
2 months ago
Up to £27,000 DOE
Hedge End Veterinary Health Centre
Hedge End, Southampton, United Kingdom
Here at Hedge End Veterinary Health Centre, we are looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The duties will include nursing of hospitalised patients, anaesthesia, imaging, laboratory work including cytology and running blood samples, scope for schedule three surgery, blood sampling and placing cannulas. The role is Monday to Friday between 07:45 and 19:00 ,2:8 Saturday 8-12 (hours off set to total average 40 hours per week). There is no OOH. Salary up to £27,000
Shield Vets is across two sites, one in Hedge End and one in Bishop's Waltham, both near the port towns of Southampton and Portsmouth plus the New Forest, a great place to live if you like to kayak, SUP, open water swim, cycle, run or just enjoy the outdoors.
The clinic has the usual toys including Idexx Catalyst and Procyte plus in-house Lactate reader. It also has digital Xray, dental Xray and ultrasound.
The clinic's best-selling point is its team. The team are dedicated to their patients but also to each other, everyone is supported with team wellbeing being of utmost importance to both team and management.
We are looking for a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse with experience in Small Animal clinics. The candidate must have confidence and competence in running anaesthesia alone, nursing clinics and experience nursing a wide variety of species including but not limited to cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs and other small furries.
Work life balance
• 5.6 amount of holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Relocation allowance up to £1000
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
Please use BH5867 as a reference when applying for this role.
Address: 38 Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, United Kingdom