Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Pool House Vets, Lichfield
up to £31,000 depending on experience + relocation allowance of up to £5000
Pool House Veterinary Hospital, Lichfield Hospital
Lichfield, Stafforshire, United Kingdom
Pool House Veterinary Group are looking for a registered veterinary nurse to join the family at our busy hospital in Lichfield. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to be able to experience all areas of animal nursing life with the support of an amazing team behind them.
Working within a group of 8 talented registered veterinary nurses, 4 TVN’s and 6 veterinary care assistants rotating around front of house (nurse clinics), kennels (separate dog, cat, and exotic wards), theatre and pharmacy offering a varied caseload each day. We have hospital status and undertake our own out of hours, in a fast-paced environment with our nurses at the centre of triage.
We are dedicated to ensuring the well-being of our staff and offer a flexible working pattern giving you excellent work/life balance! Our standard shifts are 8-hour days, Monday to Friday, rotating around different shifts between 7:30 am and 11 pm, no rotational night duties, but weekends are 1:5 with time off in lieu.
The salary for this role is up to £31,000 depending on experience + relocation allowance of up to £5000.
- Separate Wards
- In-house Lab testing and processing
- Hydrotherapy on-site with dedicated physiotherapists
- Three theatres orthopaedic, general, and dental with visiting specialists
- Digital x-ray, ultrasound, scanner, and endoscopes amongst many other facilities
We are the main provider of out-of-hours cover in the area, with 3 small animal branch practices, powered by Clinical Directors a Practice Manager, 16 Veterinary Surgeons and a plentiful team of nurses, with certificate/diploma holders across the board. We also have plenty of administrative support from the receptionist team to an accounts department that assists in the smooth running of this active practice. Our first opinion tier 3 practice is based on the outskirts of the Cathedral city of Lichfield in rural Staffordshire, whilst working here you’ll even get a beautiful view of the Cathedral across the fields.
Although life at Pool House can be fast-paced our team maintain a fairly relaxed atmosphere and have a good sense of humour to help us during busy times. We take great pride in our charity work with the Cats Protection, and Retired Greyhound Trust amongst many other local charities.
Outside of work, we allow ourselves to have even more fun at social events together.
We are happy to welcome newly qualified nurses and support them within the New IVC Grad nurse academy. Equally an experienced RVN with a diploma or a certificate is welcomed, and we are happy to support you if further learning is of interest. The ideal candidate for this role would be a registered veterinary nurse with a keen interest in experiencing the variety of what veterinary nurses have to offer, working in a fast-paced varied environment, supporting schedule 3 cases and triaging emergency cases.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH8694 when you apply.
Address: Lichfield, Stafforshire, United Kingdom