Registered Veterinary Nurse Required At Crossways Vets, Storrington
1 month ago
Up to £27,000 DOE
Crossways Vets, Storrington
Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom
We are adding to our nursing team to support our continued growth and are looking for a Full-time or Part-Time Veterinary Nurse to join our fantastic team of nurses and dedicated staff.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate about providing high-quality clinical care to all pets. You will provide an outstanding client experience and help to create and maintain an efficient clinic. We will also support any ambition to specialise if you want to, because we need these additional skills to help the practice to continue to grow and develop.
You will be working as part of a team with 8 other RVN's, 1 SVN and 7 Vets. The role includes a blend of Surgical, Kennels and Nurse clinic duties.
The full-time shift pattern is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8 am – 6.30 pm with a share of Saturday mornings only (about 1 in 6) and time given back in lieu. There are no out of hours required.
Our shift patterns are flexible and part-time hours will be subject to discussion.
The salary for this role is up to £27,000 depending on experience
Looking to work in a friendly, progressive, small animal practice in an area of outstanding natural beauty, then look no further!
Based at the edge of the South Downs National Park on the south coast of England, a short distance from Brighton and yet within easy reach of London, Crossways has an excellent reputation for providing the highest quality personalised care for our clients and their pets.
Our team have varied interests, with some team members undergoing further training by certificates or are already certificate holders.
Facilities include laser, laparoscopy, ultrasound, dental X-ray, Digital X-ray, in-house laboratory equipment and full soft tissue and orthopaedic equipment, stem cell regenerative medicine.
About the Team and Culture
You will be working as part of a team with 8 other RVN's, 1 SVN ,7 Vets and 12 support staff.
We have vets with Certificates in Small Animal Medicine and one currently studying for a Surgical Certificate. Two of our nurses have Certificates in Emergency & Critical Care and Surgical.
We believe in being part of the communities we serve and support many local events.
We are looking for a highly motivated Veterinary Nurse who can quickly fit alongside our friendly practice team as you work together to provide a quality experience for pet owners and their furry friends.
Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Small Animal practice
- RCVS registered
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
- Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £500 CPD allowance with 22 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH7314.
Address: 43 School Hill, Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom