Clinical Director/Lead Vet Surgeon Required At Abbey Veterinary Clinic, Arbroath, Scotland
4 months ago
Up to £70,000 FTE Depending on experience
Abbey Veterinary Clinic, Arbroath
Angus, Angus, United Kingdom
Abbey vet clinics, Scotland have a new clinical director/lead vet position available for a motivated, enthusiastic, and experienced veterinary surgeon to join our team and play a shared primary (or key) role to progress all aspects of our two clinics and to encourage and mentor the continued profession development of the clinical staff.
Together with the other CDs the successful applicant will have freedom to help shape the future direction of our business and expand the veterinary services to our clients.
This is a varied, fulfilling position with the opportunity to operate daily and that prioritises personal caseload continuity with ample opportunity to introduce a speciality.
Vitality the new CD will have some managerial responsibilities.
Working up to 40 hours per week
Across 4/5 days per week
1:4 Saturdays (9am-1:00pm)
1:4 OOH on call
Up to £75,000 negotiable D.O.E.
Relocation allowance of up £5,000
The clinics are situated in Arbroath and Forfar in the beautiful county of Angus. The towns have all amenities for all age groups and are close to the developing city of Dundee and within an hour and a half of all major Scottish cities and airports.
You will work with a close-knit team of 16, made up of 2 Clinical Directors, 3 Vets, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 SVN, 1 ACA, 3 Receptionists, 1 Administrator, and 1 Practice Manager out of our two fully staffed and equipped clinics. The main clinic in Arbroath has recently been fully refurbished and in the process of planning a dedicated dental suite and separate cattery. The clinics have achieved nurse training status.
We would envisage that the applicant would bring along new ideas and expertise. This is a 90 percent SA 10 percent LA practice, and ideally the successful applicant would share in the mixed workload although for the right person we would consider an applicant dedicated to SA only duties. Must be RCVS registered.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks holiday
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid CPD leave
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH6002 when applying for this role.
Address: 9 Linday St Arbroath, Angus, Angus, United Kingdom