Veterinary Surgeon Required At Ivybank Vets, Irvine
1 month ago
Up to £50,000 negotiable DOE
Ivybank Vets, Irvine
Irvine, Ayrshire, United Kingdom
Ivybank Vets in Ayrshire, is looking for a vet surgeon on a full /part time basis to join their established and experienced team. This first-opinion GP role with a mix of medical and surgical cases or medical only if preferred with scope for the right candidate to develop a niche interest. Caseloads include but not limited to neutering, dentals, lump removals, vaccinations, GP consults etc. Ivybank Vets has recently added a 4th branch in Kilmarnock to our existing branches in Irvine, Kilwinning and West Kilbride along the west coast of Ayrshire and you would ideally be covering 2 of these branches.
Working 40 hours per week (part time hours can be considered)
Over a 4 day per week
1:2 Saturday mornings 8:30am-12pm (TOIL - incorporating one 3-day weekend a month),
No OOH or on call – this is covered by Vets Now
Up to £50,000 negotiable DOE
Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
We currently have 9-vets, several with GP interests including ultrasonography and exotics, and our clinical director is an experience emergency clinician. You will be supported by our 7 experienced nurses and 5 ACAs plus dedicated reception/support staff. There is a friendly approach with lots of collaboration and case discussion fostered by splitting rotas between a couple of branches give variety in caseload and the opportunity to work in different combinations.
We are well equipped with laboratory equipment (haematology, biochemistry, microscope), imaging (ultrasound, digital Xray, dental Xray), patient care and monitoring equipment (MPM, drip pumps, drip heaters etc).
Ayrshire has great beaches and lovely countryside with excellent access to the facilities of Glasgow or the outdoor pursuits of Arran. Several branches are close to local train stations for easy travel.
Must be RCVS registered and qualified. With an experienced team in place, we would consider the right candidate at any point in their career. We could welcome a vet aiming to develop a clinical interest, with space at a branch for further facilities if required but we also have the support, several qualified VetDGP advisers and a great first opinion caseload for a new graduate.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid CPD leave
- Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Please quote BH5985 when you apply.
Address: Irvine, Ayrshire, United Kingdom