Veterinary Surgeon Required At GP Vets
6 months ago
Up to £65,000 depending on experience
GP Vets Ltd
Basingstoke, Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Are you looking to join an experienced team?
We currently have an opportunity for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our growing team in Basingstoke. With the support of our new Clinical Director, (Vet GDP Advisor and Feline Practice PgCert in progress), our experienced Vet, a well-established nursing team and a support team of receptionists, this is an offer for either a confident Vet to help drive the clinic forward and/or would suit a newly qualified vet looking to grow their skills in a very supportive learning environment.
Our flexible team would welcome both Full and Part Time colleagues. The Full-Time role would be working 4 days per week, 8am – 7pm, plus 1:3 Saturday mornings, 8am-12pm and there is no OOH. Work/life balance is a priority of ours therefore flexible working is absolutely considered. For example, if you are looking for Part Time hours, we would look to accommodate reduced working days and flexible hours.
Up to £65,000 depending on experience.
We are a Silver - rated Cat Friendly, long-established independent minded small animal practice with the full back-up of corporate resources. We have separate cat and dog kennels, 2 consult rooms and an ops theatre and we are well equipped with Digital X-ray, Idexx ProCyteOne, Catalyst and Ultrasound.
We are based in a great location with excellent links to the M3/M4, (45 minutes’ drive to Heathrow and only 1 hour to the South coast), Basingstoke is also only a 40-minute train to London. In North Hampshire you'll find historic treasures reflecting the local literary and military heritage as well as lively towns, great local food and family attractions. You are also close to the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North Hampshire, with its varied wildlife and stunning views.
Team and Culture
We are an ISFM accredited, nurse training practice. We have an excellent support team, which includes a newly appointed Clinical Director, an experienced Vet, RVNs and a client care team who are hilarious. We also have a visiting orthopaedic / soft tissue specialist. Leadership support and development is always encouraged and supported.
We welcome Vets with various experience levels and interests here at GP Vets. Good communication skills and a passion for Veterinary practice and client care will help you to deliver the high level of care that we pride ourselves on. We hope the newest member of our team has a positive can-do attitude.
Benefits – Subject to Pro Rata
• 6.6 weeks number of holidays including bank holidays
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
• Non-accidental injury support
• £1,250 per annum CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
• Certificate support (not standard, needs confirmed for each advert)
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• BVA membership
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6879.
Address: 65 Worting Road, Basingstoke, Basingstoke, United Kingdom